Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
raxanas
raxanas began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wanting to buy an e-reader/Tablet.

Hello.I am torn inbetween buying a tablet or an e-reader.It will mostly being used as a reader but i think its kinda cool to be able to watch some movie while travelliing thats why i think about buying a tablet...
My choices are from readers : Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo glo.About the 1st,well i heard about a lot of issues with the screen having blotches which is not very reassuring about its quality plus its not available on my country yet and i dont know a way to buy it and about the 2nd the only issue i heard is about support which is not that bad...The fact is i buy from amazon quite alot so i am not really sure which one is suited for me...
From tablets:Kindle fire hd or nexus 7......The 1st one is not available either but theres gotta be a way to get it sent over in my country.My reall issue is that i am not sure if reading books on tablet is gonna be comfortable for long periods....Anyone got expierence with either of those tablets?
Well waiting suggestions/expierences so i can narrow down my choices and buy 1 device..thanks
raxanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I hear that the paper white is a great reader, trouble is you can't get one yet amazon is not shipping them and there not in stores. The tablet will need wifi available to do Netflix so that's a tad limited. Considered the glo however if you do get that one you need to deal with kobo's pricing scheme, no discounts unless you snag a discount code that are sent out from time to time. Amazon's pricing scheme is the lowest price all the time. So take your pick.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Lots of people do enjoy reading on tablets, so if you only want one device, I'd say get an open tablet like the Nexus 7. Then you can install the Amazon reading app, and many other reading apps, and also enjoy Netflix and web browsing over wifi.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
A main consideration that I would suggest is battery life.

There is great comfort if you travel a lot, not to have to worry about charging your device every night. I have both a tablet and a Kindle touch. I read almost exclusively on the Kindle Touch, easier on the eyes for sure and stays charged for 1-2 months depending on if I use the light or not. Absolutely, love 'grab and go' rather than 'where's my charger?'.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote