Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #106
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Make sure to grab the new Dana Marton book Deathscape! I am thrilled to see a new story from her. She's a Harlequin Intrigue author that I just love.

Thanks everyone. I hope all goes well in December too. I ran a low grade fever most of the night. No one told me to expect this. my regular body temp is 96.8 so I feel really sick when I get even a small fever. I Googled and found low grade fevers are common after surgery. I wouldn't even realized it had hubby not come down the stairs and said he was freezing. I was hot and felt like I had the flu. This morning no fever and I feel like me again. Just a little fatigue left over. I'm going to spend the day taking it easy and go a little more slower on introducing solid foods back onto my stomach.
Great to have you back! Hope you have a speedy recovery, and that your test results come back with good news
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #107
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
I find this amusing because I am the shy girl in the corner with a book and here I was jabbing away. Me Miss Chatterbox.
Reminds me when I had my gall bladder out. I was in the recovery room and feeling like crap and this loud voice spoke from one of the other beds. "OH WOW I'M SOOOO HIGH! THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN POT! I FEEL AWESOME!" Anesthesia can do that, apparently (I wish it did for me!)

I'm glad you came through OK and hope that your test results are best possible...myllittle son has to have a procedure like this every year, it's stressful. Take some time to recover and read!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #108
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Reminds me when I had my gall bladder out. I was in the recovery room and feeling like crap and this loud voice spoke from one of the other beds. "OH WOW I'M SOOOO HIGH! THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN POT! I FEEL AWESOME!" Anesthesia can do that, apparently (I wish it did for me!)

I'm glad you came through OK and hope that your test results are best possible...myllittle son has to have a procedure like this every year, it's stressful. Take some time to recover and read!
Gallbladder out is next on the list. I call this a practice surgery. It will be the same surgeon. She's great! I have to say the people in the OR remind me a bit of a comedy show. No seriousness allowed.

I didn't like how it made me felt. I am use to telling my brain move this part of the body and it does. I was like frustrated it wasn't listening to me. I like to be in control of myself. I think drugs like this aren't for me unless needed for surgery.

I am feeling like myself today but wound up sleeping half the day and taking care of a sick hubby. I sure hope I don't get it what he has. I guess he picked up a bug at the hospital or maybe the stomach flu I had last week in that case I gave it to him. Poor guy he's doesn't deserve this. When I woke up this afternoon he had driven all the way into town to get my favorite meals for me to eat when I got up.

I have learned real romance is a man who takes care of you when you look like something the cat dragged in and has seen you at your worst and yet he still hangs around you for some reason.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #109
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Repeat freebie today from Amazon/ UK: A Family Affair by Mary Campisi, first published in 2006 as a Jocelyn Hollow Romance. The author has published with Zebra.
Also free at Smashwords.

Blossom, glad to hear things went well and that you're feeling more yourself.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #110
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Repeat Freebie at Amazon/ UK/ Smashwords: Almost Perfect by Julie Ortolon.

Quote:
Originally published in print by Signet Eclipse. Finalist in the RWA Rita Awards.

A Free Spirit and a Reformed Bad Boy -- a Perfect Match?

Maddy was always the artistic one of the group, alive with color and mischief from her saucy red curls to her vintage hippie skirts. Her challenge, the friends decide, is to get her artwork accepted at a gallery. A job as arts director at a summer camp near Santa Fe—with its multitude of galleries—seems like a start in the right direction.

There’s just one catch: The camp is run by Maddy’s high school flame, Joe, whose heart she broke—okay, smashed—and his anger towards Maddy hasn’t cooled one bit. But neither has their attraction.

Old desires burn hotter than ever as Joe makes it clear there’s only one way back to his heart: She has to get serious about her art. But will falling in love help or hinder Maddy as she struggles to meet her challenge?

Last edited by BelleZora; 11-14-2012 at 11:37 PM.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #111
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Samhain:

Game of Hearts by Kate Donovan, published in Samhain's Retro Line. It was originally published by Ballad in 2000. It's not free at Amazon right now, but listed at eReaderIQ, so may well turn free later.

Quote:
Not a hero. Not a villain. Just a man afraid to risk his heart…and hers.

The Happily Ever After Company, Book 1

Aengus Yates broke Suzannah Hennessy’s heart. Twice. As an eight-year-old, she entreated the handsome young rancher to wait. He laughingly rebuffed her and went on to marry his beautiful fiancée. When he abandoned his family years later, Suzannah should have felt justified. Instead, her heart broke all over again—with disillusionment that the man she loved could do such a thing.

Now fully grown, Suzannah signs up along with her shy, self-conscious best friend to let a matchmaker find them husbands. Love may not be in her future, but there is adventure to be had in the Wild West.

Aengus has done his best to make a fresh start, to banish old betrayals. When Suzannah appears at his door, it’s clear she’s no longer a lovesick child. Now her womanly curves make his heart pound with desire. Yet he dare not trust himself to love again, and he plans to tell her just that…as soon as she stops berating him long enough to let him get a word in edgewise, to tell her he’s just trying to live an honorable life—against some very dishonorable odds.

Product Warnings
Contains a love-soured heroine and a love-starved hero who’d like nothing better than to sweeten things up.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #112
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Samhain:

Game of Hearts by Kate Donovan, published in Samhain's Retro Line. It was originally published by Ballad in 2000. It's not free at Amazon right now, but listed at eReaderIQ, so may well turn free later.
It's free now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #113
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Game of Hearts, also free at BN
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #114
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Gallbladder out is next on the list. I call this a practice surgery. It will be the same surgeon. She's great! I have to say the people in the OR remind me a bit of a comedy show. No seriousness allowed.

I didn't like how it made me felt. I am use to telling my brain move this part of the body and it does. I was like frustrated it wasn't listening to me. I like to be in control of myself. I think drugs like this aren't for me unless needed for surgery.
Yeah, I get you. Anesthesia just makes me groggy and nauseated, but the sense of not being in control of your body must be scary.

Quote:
I am feeling like myself today but wound up sleeping half the day and taking care of a sick hubby. I sure hope I don't get it what he has. I guess he picked up a bug at the hospital or maybe the stomach flu I had last week in that case I gave it to him. Poor guy he's doesn't deserve this. When I woke up this afternoon he had driven all the way into town to get my favorite meals for me to eat when I got up.

I have learned real romance is a man who takes care of you when you look like something the cat dragged in and has seen you at your worst and yet he still hangs around you for some reason.
Sounds like you have a keeper.

And I feel so much better now my gall bladder is out--I hope it works that way for you too.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #115
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sale! 99 cents!

The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Lori Wilde
Series: Jubilee, Texas 01
Genre: Modern Western
Publisher Avon Romance (2012)

I actually own this and the sequel. They are sitting on my Kindles as next to reads when I get in the mood for a modern western. So far there are three books out in this series.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-15-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #116
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale 99 cents:

The Red Diary by Toni Blake
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Avon (August 28, 2012)
Note: They are trying for the 50 Shades look.
Still I like the author and this was on my wishlist!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #117
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
On Sale 99 cents:

well by the time i checked the price was back up, but i found it at sony reader store for .99

frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #118
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
well by the time i checked the price was back up, but i found it at sony reader store for .99

It's still 99 cents for U.S customers.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #119
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
On Sale 99 cents:

Just an FYI - this is a reissue. This book was originally published in 2004. It had a red book on the cover.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #120
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free today: Windswept by Cynthia Thomason, first published in 1999 as a Zebra Historical Romance. Amazon US Amazon UK

"A fresh historical romance that depicts a trade that often goes unmentioned. Salvaging wrecks takes on an exciting dimension courtesy of Ms. Thomason's pen. A little bit of sugar and a little bit of spice mix well to make Windswept' a worthwhile read." -- Amy Wilson, The Literary Times Magazine
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote