Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
blioRTFreader
blioRTFreader began at the beginning.

Device: blioreader
Cool This is the best way to create a blio Reader xps ebook from epub 2 rtf format

use calibre and convert to RTF format, then open in openofflice or libreoffice print to xps format, to adjust text size adjust text size before printing by selecting all the text, and raise the size from 12 it seems a bigger size is better for blio reader, this way you keep the text to speech feature when going from epub to xps format, I am using windows 7 to do this, and so you are not limited by the free google books this way, you can then use other sources. it seems that going from pdf to xps format breaks the text to speech option in xps format, but rtf to xps does not it keeps both images and text so it can read it then, again I hope this helps all the users like me who wanted to convert their own epub or mobi files to xps format for use with blio reader software

The steps
1) one take ebook epub or mobi or other format convert to rtf format in calibre
2) open rtf document in either openoffice or libreoffice software
3) make corrections like font size higher than 12, you could make other corrections to epub RTF ebook at this time too(change font to size 20 , times new roman is good) for blio reader
4) Print from either openoffice with open RTF document to the XPS format, which microsoft provided with windows 7
5) name the ebook file with xps ext.
6) copy either into directory for blio or toshiba bookstore directory or the 3rd one
7) open blio app, which ever version your using , then open ebook, the text to speech option should still work with epub to rtf to xps format,

((from my trying to convert from epub to pdf to xps format it breaks the text to speech then then it converts the text to images, which can not be read by the blio reader)) So don't use this method if you want to be able to use text to speech , I recommand another method like rtf to xps format since it can still be read by text to speech software, also by going this your not limited by free google books in blio reader this at least lets you read any ebook in the software you may want to read , well I hope this helps users trying to figure this out

Last edited by blioRTFreader; 06-15-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: changed the title
blioRTFreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
blioRTFreader
blioRTFreader began at the beginning.

Device: blioreader
If the images don't convert from epub to RTF, you can try and convert epub to mobi or pdf then to rtf, that seems to fix those images that can be lost from going from epub to rtf in calibre, that's a fix for some non-DRM ebooks
blioRTFreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
blio reader, epub, rtf, toshiba, xps