Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #31
collin8579
collin8579 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ahh, just pulled from the other post.. gotcha
His were custom columns,, *pats himself on the head*,, thanks works perfectly now
collin8579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #32
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Items 1-5, with separate people-pools per column are now available in calibre's source trunk, and will be in the next release.

It seems to work like a charm.

If possible please code also 6.

Custom sorting criteria would be specially useful in Spain (and I suppose in other countries too). We legal and officially have TWO surnames (the first one from the father and the second one from the mother; married women also keep their original surnames, they don't get the husband's ones), we can have also compound names, we can have also compound surnames, and we use either one or both surnames.

So an "A B C D" name can be either "D, A B C" or "C D, A B" or even "B C D, A". Calibre, as default, uses English-like "D, A B C" sorting scheme which is wrong a lot times.

Even if it is a PITA, I think you should code it to prove that you are SO smart, SO wonderful, SO handsome, SO ...

Just kidding. I had to try flattering you in order to get a chance of it being done somehow, some time...
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert