Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
Converting Kindle books to Sony

I just ordered a Sony Pocket Reader 350.

Can I easily convert Kindle ebooks to my Sony? If so what's the best way to do this? Calibre?

Thanks so much,

Randy
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
I just ordered a Sony Pocket Reader 350.

Can I easily convert Kindle ebooks to my Sony? If so what's the best way to do this? Calibre?

Thanks so much,

Randy
Alas, the only way to make a Kindle ebook work on a Sony is to remove the DRM. ApprenticeAlf and DarkReverser provide tools to do that. It takes a bit of trial and error, but once you get it down, it's not that hard.

Calibre can only convert the book after the DRM is removed.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

There is a plugin you can use with calibre to automatically deDRM Kindle books that you download for Kindle4PC. Cannot say much about it here, but Google will help you out. It is really simple to install then you simply add a Kindle book to your calibre library and the plugin does the work for you--no mess and no fuss. Google K4PCDeDRM.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-10-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Google "ApprenticeAlf" and the instructions are there.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote