Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
The wait is killing me!

I ordered my Reader over a week ago from BooksonBoard. They charged my credit card a couple days later. When another two days passed and I hadn't received any shipping info, I contacted customer service to ask about it. I was told that the Blue Readers were backordered and that I would get an e-mail regarding an estimated ship date as soon as they found out from Sony when they would be back in stock.

Of course, it took me 18 months to decide to make the purchase so I guess I should be more patient, but I'm not feeling very patient. I just annoyed that they already dinged my cc when they didn't have it to sell.
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That's why I bought mine at Borders- instant gratification I have no patience for waiting.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Do you have a Border's Book or Target or SonyStyle or Fry's store near you?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
sdmama
Enthusiast

Yes, I have all four of those stores nearby. I opted to purchase it online to save some money. Now I'm paying for trying to save a few bucks.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Mine from Target was $30 less than onnline. Is it too late to cancel the order and just go pick one up at the store?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I got my red 505 from Fry's online and had it shipped overnight.
There were no local stores that had red ones plus with no Fry's
in my state - no sales tax.

I hope you get it all worked out soon.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Relax, have a cup of coffee
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
You could also try online at B&H Photo and Video. They have good prices and fast shipping.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I thought that companies weren't allowed to charge your credit card until they actually shipped your order? Am I wrong about that?

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
sdmama
Enthusiast

Yes, that is my understanding, also. I used the Google checkout feature which I've never used for an online purchase. Perhaps that is why the card was so quickly charged. Since I haven't heard anyone here bashing Books on Board, I'm not worried about it, just annoyed.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Just bought mine from Fry's for 269. They had all three colors in stock, plus the 700 in stock (at full retail of course). This is in Atlanta. May be worth checking Frys in your area?
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
Bren423
Bren423 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
You could also try online at B&H Photo and Video. They have good prices and fast shipping.
Well, I just ordered from B&H last night since their website says that they have the Sony 505 in stock. I have to order from them because they ship overseas. When I checked the status of my order this morning, it says backorder. I go back to their website and check the Sony PRS 505 (silver) and they've changed it to accepting orders instead of in stock. And it says that "this is not a regularly stocked item. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days. You will be charged upon placing your order." They are still quoting the Sony dark blue as in stock, but at this point, I don't trust them enough to go for the other color. My first experience with them and already a disappointment. I'm schooling myself for at least a 15 days wait or even longer in this case.
Bren423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
Just bought one at vanns.com for $269 in dark blue. was shipped in less than 24hrs. no tax and no shipping. looking forward to comparing it with my two kindles.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren423 View Post
Well, I just ordered from B&H last night since their website says that they have the Sony 505 in stock. I have to order from them because they ship overseas. When I checked the status of my order this morning, it says backorder. I go back to their website and check the Sony PRS 505 (silver) and they've changed it to accepting orders instead of in stock. And it says that "this is not a regularly stocked item. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days. You will be charged upon placing your order." They are still quoting the Sony dark blue as in stock, but at this point, I don't trust them enough to go for the other color. My first experience with them and already a disappointment. I'm schooling myself for at least a 15 days wait or even longer in this case.
B&H is a very reputable store, as is Adorama. I use both of them all the time for my photographic equipment. That said, things happen, and so I'm not sure what happened to your order. I just wanted to let you know that while this is frustrating, B&H is a good store to deal with.
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Bren423
Bren423 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
B&H is a very reputable store, as is Adorama. I use both of them all the time for my photographic equipment. That said, things happen, and so I'm not sure what happened to your order. I just wanted to let you know that while this is frustrating, B&H is a good store to deal with.
I’m not doubting their reputation since a lot of members here have recommended them. I just feel that it is disingenous of them to claim that they have it in stock, thus keeping my hopes up, only to see that this is actually an item that they don’t stock regularly. They didn’t even send me an email to say that it is on backorder. I have to go and check for myself. Frustrating indeed. I have been on their website several times a day since my reader display broke and it was always in stock, same with the dark blue and the red. Now, I doubt if they do have the others in stock also, especially the red.
Bren423 is offline   Reply With Quote