Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #16
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Hi, It turned out that the books I added were visible to one file manager (the one I used to add the books) but not to kindle and not to a second file manager. Very odd. I don't understand how this can be; but it was.

Using the second file manger to place the books in the kindle folder worked!

Go figure?
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
What are File Mgrs? & Which did you use? I put mine in PDF & tried reading them with Adobe Reader But after 10 pges they were BLANK ugh Tried them in Aldika Nothing Droid Reader Nothing! Very flustrating UGH
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
What are File Mgrs? & Which did you use? I put mine in PDF & tried reading them with Adobe Reader But after 10 pges they were BLANK ugh Tried them in Aldika Nothing Droid Reader Nothing! Very flustrating UGH
Android (like other operating systems) stores files in folders/directories. File managers are used to view, copy, move, rename, delete those files.

The fm that came with my tablet is called, oddly enough, "file manager". The other one I used was "es file manager". The later one was the one that gave me trouble; but at the same time it's the more powerful one. Es file manager can be use to rename files. The other can't.

I don't like reading PDFs though I think the Kindle reader is supposed to work with them (don't quote me on that).

I try to use mobi files with Kindle and/or epub files with Nook.

Hope that helps,
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Well it worked...partly I am still only getting the 1st 10 pages Anyone have clue whats going on? How I can fix it?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #20
-Miraak
-Miraak began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Iconia B1-A71 Android Tablet
Here is how you do it for Kindle App, as I discovered with some trial and error:

With a Computer
1. Plug your device into the computer via a USB cable.
2. Locate your E-Book on your computer, right click and copy.
3. Go to My Computer and click on the name of your device.
4. Browse to your Internal SD\kindle
5. Right click and paste.

Without a Computer
1. Download your E-Book and save it to Internal SD\kindle
2. All done!

NOTE: If the E-Book has ".epub" at the end, you can convert it to the right format at http://www.epub2mobi.com/

NOTE: If there isnt a folder in the internal SD called kindle, go into
Settings >>> Apps >>> Amazon Kindle And click "Move to internal SD".

Last edited by -Miraak; 01-12-2014 at 10:05 AM.
-Miraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #21
ItsJustDawn
ItsJustDawn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
How I load my books to kindle app for android 4.4 jellybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I sent them an email & heres the answer I just got.....

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had with your Kindle for Android.

At this time, Kindle active contents(Games) and personal documents are not supported in Kindle for Android. These features are available only in Kindle device. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this feature.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. The Kindle Team will carefully review your comments.

SO THATS A NO..... Even to GAMES purchsed thru Amazon! WOW How disapointing!
I've tried everything and this is the only way it worked for me.

1st, they have to be mobi files.

2nd, add your email address or Dropbox email address to your approvaled email addresses in "Manage My Devices" in your amazon account

3rd, See what email address kindle has assigned you for the device you want your book on blablabla@kindle.com

4th, attach your book.mobi file to an email and send it to that @kindle address
You can do them 1 at a time or put your .mobi files in a zip file, and type CONVERT in the subject line. I know...it's a pain, but it works.

You should now see those titles in your Kindle App library
ItsJustDawn is offline   Reply With Quote