Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #61
awi
Enthusiast
awi has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: 2x Irex Iliad V2, DR1000s & DR800sg
the dog will look like this in 4 greyscales....

awi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think CHM would make a great eBook format. The nice thing about it is that it is reflowable... it also contains contents and indexs, etc. Of course, there is no DRM version of this.

I can't see these readers doing very well without support for some type of DRM scheme. Mobipocket seems to be the best choice.

Of course, if as people think that you can install WinCe versions of readers on this device that may be the answer. Then again, I wonder if they don't really mean WinCE but Windows Embedded CE... which really means it won't just run and Windows CE app on it ( I think. MS's branding on this has always been confusing).

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #63
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't know if everyone is seeing the same Google ad from Netronix when reading this thread, but it says "ODM/OEM e-book solutions with PVI e-paper display". So, perhaps the EB-300 will be resold by other vendors. One interesting possibility is Bookeen, because an earlier Cybook ran WinCE.

I agree that it may not be possible for end-users to install their favorite e-book reader software (although we should not underestimate our community's ingenuity), but it should be possible for a VAR (Value Added Reseller) to do so.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #64
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I don't know if everyone is seeing the same Google ad from Netronix when reading this thread, but it says "ODM/OEM e-book solutions with PVI e-paper display". So, perhaps the EB-300 will be resold by other vendors. One interesting possibility is Bookeen, because an earlier Cybook ran WinCE.

I agree that it may not be possible for end-users to install their favorite e-book reader software (although we should not underestimate our community's ingenuity), but it should be possible for a VAR (Value Added Reseller) to do so.
It would be nice to think that they're releasing these to resellers... However, I *STILL* haven't gotten any response from them via their email addresses. (My emails keep getting rejected as undeliverable.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
It would be nice to think that they're releasing these to resellers... However, I *STILL* haven't gotten any response from them via their email addresses. (My emails keep getting rejected as undeliverable.)

Derek
Just PM Netronix and a message will go to her email that she has a PM. That might be the best way to contact them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #66
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just PM Netronix and a message will go to her email that she has a PM. That might be the best way to contact them.
Been there, tried that, got no response - twice.

And before you ask, the first attempt at PM was Thursday last week.

Derek
Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #67
Netronix
Netronix began at the beginning.

Device: Netronix ebook reader device
This is Lisa of Netronix. If you have any question regarding of our device, please kindly e-mail it to sales@netronixinc.com or lisa_lin@netronixinc.com. Once again, thanks for your support to our ebook device.

Here's a brief of the Netronix for your reference. Netronix is a
public company in Taiwan with 1,870 worldwide employees and 4 production bases. 3 production bases in China & 1 production base in Taiwan.
Netronix currently have 5 major products lines including eBook, POS, Networking (Ethernet & Wireless) , Security Cameria & Laptop
Speaker. We are a professional OEM/ODM manufacturer. Any ideas from you are always highly appreciated.
Netronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:13 PM   #68
Netronix
Netronix began at the beginning.

Device: Netronix ebook reader device
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The answer I see missing is "battery life?" With all those bells and whistles, I'm wondering how long even that big ol' 2100mAh battery will last.

Battery can support 8000pages.(8000 screen reflash).
Netronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #69
lee1234
Enthusiast
lee1234 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader, Nokia E61
Hi Lisa, what is the requirements to do ODM/OEM business with Netronix? I can buy the devices from your company and branded in any brand?
lee1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #70
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netronix View Post
We are a professional OEM/ODM manufacturer. Any ideas from you are always highly appreciated.
I hope you'll read through the various wish list threads, they have some hopefully useful ideas. Also, please don't be afraid to use us for market research, I'm sure the forum owners would agree to help with a survey or whatever. Many of us are also fairly technically educated, so we will both make technical suggestions and understand technical questions.

I'd also happily volunteer to help test any new products
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Nice one!

Hey Lisa, put my on that testers list too!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #72
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Me too!
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #73
delphidb96
Wizard

Testers.

Waitaminit! As a corporate ossifer of NAEB, *I* should be a tester!!!

Derek
Old 03-19-2008, 04:24 AM   #74
lee1234
Enthusiast
lee1234 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader, Nokia E61
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz
me too
lee1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:49 AM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Waitaminit! As a corporate ossifer of NAEB, *I* should be a tester!!!

Derek
I'll one up you then since I am a staff member for MobileRead, I should be doing the testing. Of course, I do have a 505 so they know I have impeccable taste in eBook display devices.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e ink, e-book reader, netronix, pvi