Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 03:45 AM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You can use TweakEpub (from the makers of Atlantis). It will load an epub and you can then select the file you want to edit. It opens the file in the editor of your choice (mine is Notepad++) and if you are finished, just save. It will update the epub without repacking.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #17
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You can use TweakEpub (from the makers of Atlantis). It will load an epub and you can then select the file you want to edit. It opens the file in the editor of your choice (mine is Notepad++) and if you are finished, just save. It will update the epub without repacking.
Oh, nice! Exactly what I was looking for. Now I think I finally got all the tools I need for my workflow.

And here's a link to the Tweak ePub utility: http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspo...-zip-file.html

Thanks!
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I've also been using ePubPack for a while now. I like its simplicity and lack of bloat. Thumbs up.

I'll try TweakEpub and see whether it works for me.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
susiecc77
susiecc77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
epubpack archive size

I noticed that the archive size created when you rezip an epub is quite a bit larger than the size the archive started as (made from some epub app). How can I fix this?
susiecc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
awx
Connoisseur
awx is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650 & PRS-600
The zip library used isn't very efficient. Someone needs to improve it.
awx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
I wrote my own tool as I needed this functionality.
Maybe it can be used by anyone else...

EPUBCompressor
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
I wrote my own tool as I needed this functionality.
Maybe it can be used by anyone else...

EPUBCompressor
The item you are trying to access has either been deleted or is unavailable to you.

Either your link is incorrect or you've deleted the file. Also, I had to login before I could see that there is a problem downloading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #23
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The item you are trying to access has either been deleted or is unavailable to you.

Either your link is incorrect or you've deleted the file. Also, I had to login before I could see that there is a problem downloading.
Oh... Sorry, I've set a wrong file access mode...

Please try again, the link should work now...

Last edited by Yoths; 04-18-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
Oh... Sorry, I've set a wrong file access mode...

Please try again, the link should work now...
Thanks. It does work now. I was able to download.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
gdutoit
gdutoit began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by awx View Post
ePubPack
Thank you, awx! Evidently ePubPack has been around for some time, but I discovered it only now. A very handy utility that does exactly what it's supposed to, with no bloat. Ok, so rezipping isn't that big a deal, but this way is just so much easier. Love it.
gdutoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdutoit View Post
Thank you, awx! Evidently ePubPack has been around for some time, but I discovered it only now. A very handy utility that does exactly what it's supposed to, with no bloat. Ok, so rezipping isn't that big a deal, but this way is just so much easier. Love it.
Oh, no, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier. Waaaaaaaaaay. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #27
bluejay347
bluejay347 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Windows 8 update?

Thanks so much, awx, for this software. I've used it previously on a different computer, but had to buy a new computer with Windows 8 after that one broke. Can you tell me if you have any plans to update ePubPack to work with Windows 8? I would really like to use it again! Thanks!
bluejay347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:35 AM   #28
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
An even better idea than win 8 updates:

Implementation of Zopfli for DEFLATE?
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:19 AM   #29
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: many
AdvanceCOMP ZIP Compression Utility supports recompression with zopfli algorithm with any number of iterations. I am not an expert to say how well it works. However, epubs are smaller after recompression.
najgori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #30
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay347 View Post
Thanks so much, awx, for this software. I've used it previously on a different computer, but had to buy a new computer with Windows 8 after that one broke. Can you tell me if you have any plans to update ePubPack to work with Windows 8? I would really like to use it again! Thanks!
Why wouldn't it work on win 8? Have you installed .Net 4.0?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote