Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: April 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart 6 10.53%
The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French 5 8.77%
The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobsen 3 5.26%
The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith 4 7.02%
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole 9 15.79%
The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut Jr 6 10.53%
Naked by David Sedaris 2 3.51%
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons 3 5.26%
The Diaries of Adam and Eve (also called extracts from Adam and Eve's diary) by Mark Twain 5 8.77%
Hal Spacejock #1 by Simon Haynes 14 24.56%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #46
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Wait until you see what Chuck suggests in lieu of a pudding shot.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #47
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Do Clyde and Albion get to stay?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #48
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the end, everybody dies and then Spacejock wakes up and realizes Bobby Ewing was only having another one of his dreams.

No, I'm not telling you if Clyde and Albion get to stay! You've got to read the book! No crib notes allowed!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #49
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
In the end, everybody dies and then Spacejock wakes up and realizes Bobby Ewing was only having another one of his dreams.

No, I'm not telling you if Clyde and Albion get to stay! You've got to read the book! No crib notes allowed!
But, but, besides their wanting to..well you know...when Hal gets...you know...they might be a good fit for the oddness of it all.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I'd like to see them again. Who knows? There are already three sequels.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #51
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The Poll is closed... the weiner:

Hal Spacejock #1 by Simon Haynes

This book better be funny!

BOb
I could use some humor in my life......where is JSWolf anyway?

Just purchased HS #1 direct from Author....man I love that!

Last edited by kennyc; 04-11-2011 at 07:59 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #52
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just purchased HS #1 direct from Author....man I love that!
You love the ebook or the ease of buying straight from the author? I was pleasantly surprised how simple and smooth the transaction was. Good to know buying straight from the author that all the proceeds go to them

I finished the book the other day. I quite enjoyed it, found it a fun read. I'll be buying the next 3 in the series definitely!!!!
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #53
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
You love the ebook or the ease of buying straight from the author? I was pleasantly surprised how simple and smooth the transaction was. Good to know buying straight from the author that all the proceeds go to them

I finished the book the other day. I quite enjoyed it, found it a fun read. I'll be buying the next 3 in the series definitely!!!!
I think you are doing it wrong. If you buy book #2 (or 3 or 4) then you get book #1 for free.

Edit:
I was mistaken. It appears that offer is no longer posted on his site. When I bought the book right after the poll closed, he gave Book 1 away if you bought any other book. Still, for 2 bucks it's a steal.

Last edited by edbro; 04-11-2011 at 09:04 AM.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #54
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post

Yes, being able to support the author directly! And no DRM!

Have not started the book other than reading the first few pages of the sample.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #55
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I think you are doing it wrong. If you buy book #2 (or 3 or 4) then you get book #1 for free.

Edit:
I was mistaken. It appears that offer is no longer posted on his site. When I bought the book right after the poll closed, he gave Book 1 away if you bought any other book. Still, for 2 bucks it's a steal.
No that IS still there. Or you can but the full set at a reduced price.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #56
Nyssa
Series Addict

The offer is as follows:

Quote:
Hal Spacejock books 1-4 discount bundle! All four ebooks just $14.99 - Save $4.97
Personally, I'm glad i took advantage of it. I'm finding book 2 - Second Course to be funnier than the first one.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #57
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The offer is as follows:

Personally, I'm glad i took advantage of it. I'm finding book 2 - Second Course to be funnier than the first one.
Hey! Not Fair! You're reading ahead!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #58
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Hey! Not Fair! You're reading ahead!
I was actually going to wait until after the Book Club discussion, but, the other book I'm reading is so racy, I decided I needed a change of pace.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #59
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I was actually going to wait until after the Book Club discussion, but, the other book I'm reading is so racy, I decided I needed a change of pace.
Had to cool off, huh?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #60
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Had to cool off, huh?