Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
how do i buy nook from outside US? currently in Singapore.

i want to get my nook now. so excited. but have to delay it because i don't know how to get it. i signed up an account with vpost and also b&n. but i don't know what to put for the credit card address.
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
fs3rp4
fs3rp4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
You can't.

Buy a Kobo from borders.
fs3rp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
i want to get my nook now. so excited. but have to delay it because i don't know how to get it. i signed up an account with vpost and also b&n. but i don't know what to put for the credit card address.
Use the vpost US address as shipping and billing address of your B&N account. The billing address is not verified with your credit card company, so this will work fine.
You also need to use a VPN to get an US ip-address before you order the Nook. You can use Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50).
You can also use the VPN to buy books from B&N for your Nook.
Do not forget to also buy a cover for your Nook.

It could be that you get an e-mail to contact B&N to complete your order. This is because the B&N system detects that you are using a mail forwarding address, and they want you to confirm that you know that you cannot buy books from B&N outside the USA. Just phone them (I believe you can also e-mail them). B&N has no problem with mail forwarding companies.

I bought my Nook here in the Netherlands using a mail forwarding address from Borderlinx and alwaysVPN as VPN without a problem.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

you suggest the vpost? i was told to use comgateway instead and stay away from vpost.

so after i get the mail forwarder account i use a vpn to buy my nook. then call them and tell them i'm aware i can't buy books from them and just wait for it to come?
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
you suggest the vpost? i was told to use comgateway instead and stay away from vpost.

so after i get the mail forwarder account i use a vpn to buy my nook. then call them and tell them i'm aware i can't buy books from them and just wait for it to come?
I cannot tell you which mail forwarder to use, just use the one you like.

As for the rest:
- Register your B&N account with the US address as shipping and billing address.
- Start the VPN.
- Buy the Nook (and I would advise you also to buy a cover to protect the Nook).
- If needed phone/mail B&N (this is not always needed).
Old 08-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
clai
clai began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Try eBay

Instead of trying to "fake" a US address, there is an healthy supply of NEW Nook available to be purchased or bided upon on eBay. Most of them do ship internationally.
clai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

vPost is slow, but reliable in Singapore because we're so small.

I ordered mine through Borderlinx
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #8
geertm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clai View Post
Instead of trying to "fake" a US address, there is an healthy supply of NEW Nook available to be purchased or bided upon on eBay. Most of them do ship internationally.
The one year guarantee of your Nook is only valid when you buy the Nook from B&N yourself (the quarantee is not transferable). So if your have any problems you are dependent on the e-bay seller. You cannot contact B&N yourself.
And usually you have to pay more for the Nook then B&N's price.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
I bought my Nook Wifi via eBay. I life in Romania and it took 9 days for de device to arrive here but it was worth it. I bought from http://stores.ebay.com/shopintheusa
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I ship overseas all the time and we can work something out... There is a B&N down the road from me. PM me if you want to work something out.

I dont know how those companies work but I am not looking to make a rpofit off you... as long as you pay for the reader and shipping it will all good to go in my book.
I ship stuff for BeTePok all the time if you need a reference
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #11
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owentan View Post
If you're in Singapore, and looking for a cheap deal, I've decided to sell my used nook for $200. Condition's still good except for wear at the back (dust marks), and I've included close to 40 eBooks that I've downloaded. Let me know if you're interested. Contact me at 91546187.
Curious.. SGD or USD?
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote