Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
albert
albert
albert began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Office documents

I am considering buying the PRS 600 but want to use it also for all my office documents (mostly DOC format).
I would like to sync the content of myDocuments folder to the PRS 600 and be able to read that. I know that a conversion is needed but how? I don't want to do it document by document.

I considered converting all my docs to PDF and use synchronisation software to upload them to the PRS 600. What would I need for that?

Thanks,
Albert.
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
i'd guess that you can "import" your 'documents' folder into the sony software... then i'd guess that the software will do whatever conversion it does. assuming they appear in your "library", you should then be able to add them to your reader.

this is all just speculation on my part, but that's how it works for normal epubs, pdfs, mp3s, pics, etc... minus the 'conversion'.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
You can manually use Word to save to RTF or PDF (Word 2007) if you don't have too many files.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
albert
albert
albert began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
I do have a lot of files. around 1GB of documents.

I am looking for an automated way to load the documents in the eReader and keep them in Sync with MyDocuments folder changes.
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
You should be able to easily add/import all of the .doc files to the Sony library software. Once they are added to the library turn on sync and the software will automatically convert .doc files to .rtf when they are copying to the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert