Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Python 2.5 and Calibre

Quote from Calibre changelog for 0.5.3:

Also remove python 2.5 builds as it is no longer officially supported, though calibre will probably continue to run on it for a little while longer.

I noticed this on the changelog for 0.5.3 and wondered what this meant to the average user.

I don't remember installing Python to run Calibre, although I do have it (version 2.5) installed for other scripts. Do I need to upgrade it to run Calibre? Or, is the Python to run Calibre built-in to the installer program?

I've read it's possible to install more than one version of Python - is that true? Is it advantageous? Can it cause problems? (Okay, I guess that's a bit OT for the forum...).

(Oh, yeah - happily running Calibre on Windows XP SP3).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it doesn't mean anything unless you're installing calibre from source. If you're using a calibre installer, you've already been using python 2.6 for months
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert