Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #16
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
It's possible UPS just estimated due to the address -- I'm in the Philadephia area, and I think NAEB is shipping from somewhere in New York, correct? I won't take Friday off just to hang out and watch for a truck then!
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #17
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Heads Up! We've got the CC processing bug fixed!!!

So everyone who's already ordered one using the Paypal payment system the first go-round and who chose to NOT send a check - yep, you know who you are! - feel free to re-place your orders using a credit card!

Yes, it WAS a bug. No, e-onlinedata didn't figure out what the bug was right off the bat. Yes, they've worked with us (barring my bout with the flu where I didn't keep in contact with them about it this last week) and they've got it eliminated!

Hooray!

And for those of you who already used the e-onlinedata credit-card processing system, yours are being shipped out.

Thank goodness! We're about to complete our first 100 orders!!!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #18
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Sigh. Jumped up and down too soon. :)

Rescheduled UPS delivery date: Monday, Feb. 25. Rats, thought I'd have the weekend. OTOH, still am thrilled it's on its way.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #19
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
It is coming!

I got my UPS notification this morning!!! The NAEB Cybook should make it here on my little island on the St-Lawrence river in Canada monday the 25th...

It has been a rollercoaster of emotion for us with all the tribulations that NAEB went through, but in the end they delivered!

Thanks for their good work. Today I will download the Cybook user guide and study that over the weekend...

I may have a few questions...

Thanks to the NAEB staff

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
It is coming!

I got my UPS notification this morning!!! The NAEB Cybook should make it here on my little island on the St-Lawrence river in Canada monday the 25th...

It has been a rollercoaster of emotion for us with all the tribulations that NAEB went through, but in the end they delivered!

Thanks for their good work. Today I will download the Cybook user guide and study that over the weekend...

I may have a few questions...

Thanks to the NAEB staff

Regards,

Georges
Actually if you go to UPS and track it, it says billing received. Your package is currently sitting on my loading dock waiting for the UPS truck to show up.

Jim
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by penty View Post
Actually if you go to UPS and track it, it says billing received. Your package is currently sitting on my loading dock waiting for the UPS truck to show up.

Jim
My UPS Tracking says:
Package Progress
Location XXXXX, NY,
Date 02/21/2008
Local Time 8:40 P.M.
Description DEPARTURE SCAN

I thought that ment it had been picked up. Thank you for keeping us informed. I won't be upset if it takes a few more days to arrive.

Susan
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #22
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
I shipped yours yesterday, so you are correct. Departure scan means that it has been picked up.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSGOD View Post
My UPS Tracking says:
Package Progress
Location XXXXX, NY,
Date 02/21/2008
Local Time 8:40 P.M.
Description DEPARTURE SCAN

I thought that ment it had been picked up. Thank you for keeping us informed. I won't be upset if it takes a few more days to arrive.

Susan
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #23
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Hip, hip, hooray!

Quote:
I shipped yours yesterday, so you are correct. Departure scan means that it has been picked up.

Jim
Jim, I really appreciate all you and the other officers have done to make the NAEB buyers club a success! I am grateful for the time and efforts of you, Derek, Pam, and Robert in keeping the "customers" informed and answering our questions. You have gone "the extra mile" and provided outstanding service!

Thank you very much,
Susan
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:35 AM   #24
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Busy Weekend! (A bit off topic...)

Hi All!

Waiting for UPS, "officially" scheduled for monday, I have kept busy... I downloaded the Cybook user guide yesterday and I went through it a few times, seems relatively simple... But reading some of the Posts on these forums, I am a bit worried that everything will go OK... Plus I have to get used to my brand new Macbook with Leopard, quite a change for a guy that has been branded Windows since the eighties when I sold my Commodore 64! But I decided that Vista was not for me so I took the Plunge.

Let's recap what I should do when I get my Cybook.

1) Connect it to my Mac and charge it.
2) I only have DRM books that I bought from either Fictionwise or BooksonBoard. So I should go on those 2 websites, register my new PIB and download all my books again. Still on my Mac...
3) Transfer my new download books to the Cybook icon
4) Start the fireplace, get a drink and start to read!
5) Say a prayer of thanks for all the guys at NAEB anf those who helped me on this Forum

I should then have the 10 or so books that I already bought, including 2 dictionnaries (English and English to French), with their covers image on my Cybook and I should then be a happy Camper...

Have I forgot something ?????

Yes I promise I will not complain about the leather cover!!!

If I missed a step or 2, please let me know!!!
Regards,

Georges
Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just one minor thing: you'll find that you'll have TWO drives appear on the Mac; one for the CyBook itself, the other for the SD card. I'd recommend that you put all your books on the SD card and don't touch the CyBook drive itself. The less you mess with it, the less the chances are that you'll do something nasty to the internal file system and mess it up!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 AM   #26
captaingeorges
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just one minor thing: you'll find that you'll have TWO drives appear on the Mac; one for the CyBook itself, the other for the SD card. I'd recommend that you put all your books on the SD card and don't touch the CyBook drive itself. The less you mess with it, the less the chances are that you'll do something nasty to the internal file system and mess it up!
Thanks Harry!

I tought some people had a lot of problems with their SD cards ???? I was planning to do the opposite, but if you say that using the SD cardis better, that is what I will do !

What about the dictionnaries ??? should thay also be on the SD card ?

Regards,

Georges
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #27
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Thanks Harry!

I tought some people had a lot of problems with their SD cards ???? I was planning to do the opposite, but if you say that using the SD cardis better, that is what I will do !

The dictionary was the only book I put on the internal drive. But my reason was more that it is easier with backup if I only put books in one place and the SD card was bigger.

I think that in many cases people are messing up the SD card themselves so if you are writing to the internal memory you will mess up this and that can affect the running of the Cybook more. In some cases it seems that the SD card stops working and then do not work in other drives and that is probably another failure mode.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Thanks Harry!

Regards,

Georges
Some people have had problems with SD cards, but mine has worked perfectly. I suspect that at least some of the issues have arrisen through people simply unplugging the USB cable without safely dismounting the device first. On a Windows machine this is done using the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool; I imagine that a Mac has something similar?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #29
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
From the problems some have had, the first thing I plan to do when mine arrives (after charging it) is to backup all the internal system files.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #30
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I'm not sure how accurate that is, I just finished entering it into the system. They won't even get to UPS until tomorrow.

I'm Planning on doing UPS International tomorrow with shipping Friday.

On that note, for everyone who shipped USPS there will be a slight delay, the Post Office still hasn't delivered the boxes I ordered. At worst, I will go raid the regional Post Office Saturday and ship Monday.

Jim
Are those of who ordered USPS in the delivery queue yet?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote