Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Vstampede
Vstampede began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Homepage, Repartition and Rescue Questions

Hello,
I have 3 questions for you:

1) Homepage - I am using rupor's AMR, and I would like the Home button to take me directly to the 3rd home screen.
Is it possible?

2) Repartitioning - I might try to repartition in order to get more space for my apps without using Link2SD.
will SD Rescue restore the original partitions' sizes? (is repartitioning reversible by SD Rescue?)

3) Rescue - For some reason, EVERY TIME I use SD Rescue, I encounter a problem:
The rescue process is not finishes:
I charge the reader, load the OS Firmware folder to the root of the sd card, power on the PRS-T1 and press Home + Menu until "Opening Book" bar reaches the end. Then leave the device to restore from the sd rescue package.
The problem is that the device DOES NOT BOOT by himself - left it for a whole night one time and in the morning it still has been in the recovering process I left it (power button blink in orange, Opening Book... page displayed).
When I pressed the reset and then the power buttons the device DID BOOT, and IS RECOVERED - But It did not do it by himself for some reason, as if the recovering process did not completely finished.
Every time I used a freshly downloaded rescue package from the PRS-T1 Rooting And Tweaking wiki page (Porkupan's package, uboot's package does not work at all for some reason, even though I have the 1.0.04.12210 firmware).
What is wrong, and what can I do?

Many thanks to every suggestion you might have.
Have a great day!
Vstampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
2) no, it will not repartition the device but only restore the contents of the data and system partitions. but depending on the rescue package this may result in a shrunken data partition file system, i.e. data partition is still enlarged, but file system "thinks" it is smaller. can be fixed by formating the data partition, e.g. via hard reset.

3) Starting from the very first root package / firmware version, I never saw a rescue package rebooting by itself. They worked, but you always had to reboot manually.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
homepage, partition, repartition, rescue