Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #46
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Ok... something happened I wanted to try another time with the "fix" posted by mark and it seems it worked.
I'm on the menu now. I'll try to use the device for a while and reboot.
Now what is your suggention for the future? Do you think the device hardware has some issues? I'm a bit scary when the official 1.7 (or future 1.x come out) to flash again
Congratulation . Don't be afraid to install upgrades. It has to work.
May be the empty battery was the real reason of your issue
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #47
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Le't hope so. BTW Thank you for you patience and real time support here.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Ok... something happened I wanted to try another time with the "fix" posted by mark and it seems it worked.
I'm on the menu now. I'll try to use the device for a while and reboot.
Now what is your suggention for the future? Do you think the device hardware has some issues? I'm a bit scary when the official 1.7 (or future 1.x come out) to flash again
He he I suspect that you might have done the same mistake that I did initially:
I accidentally installed the firmware from the internal memory - i.e. not from the SD card - and it leaves it in that condition -with blinking blue - for quite some time.
Actually did this a few times until I discovered my error.

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #49
CVitzli
CVitzli began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Thank you, Booxtor!
Updating firmware to "update-20120309" solved the trouble.
I couldn't update to either "20120221" or "20120224", just got full bar and blinking blue LED, after that nothing happened, but "20120309" did its job.
Update took about 15 minutes and now it works.
CVitzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #50
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
No CJY I did the update from SD card and SDHC (I tried two cards).
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #51
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have updated the "antifreezing" file.
The "blinking blue led" etc. problem (described by Koda) has been solved now.
Link to download is the same.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
bigkrzyh
bigkrzyh began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I have similar problem with my onyx boox i62. I was wondering if there is antifreez upadte for i62 as for M92. Maybe Booxtor can help me with my i62 as well.

Best regards,
K.
bigkrzyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #53
maman
maman began at the beginning.

I also had the boot-up problem and was able to solve it with update-20120309.zip.

However, I now cannot update to the most recent firmware without encountering the same issue again. Am I forever stuck with this fairly old firmware?
maman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #54
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by maman View Post
I also had the boot-up problem and was able to solve it with update-20120309.zip.

However, I now cannot update to the most recent firmware without encountering the same issue again. Am I forever stuck with this fairly old firmware?
Just reinstall 20120309 twice
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #55
maman
maman began at the beginning.

Solved.

Thanks, janek.

After having installed 20120309 twice, I was able to install the most recent firmware! Wonderful!
maman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #56
sbhat
sbhat began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Actually if simple reseting or reinstall of firmware does not help in your case it is obviously a warranty case and I would suggest you to contact your vendor.
If you bought your device in our store the replacement could be done immediately. The warranty is worldwide valid.
Hi,
I am facing similar problem and I do have a problem like the one in this thread. And thankfully, I bought the item from http://ereader-store.de, can you please run me through how to get a warranty.
Thanks in Advance
sbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #57
sbhat
sbhat began at the beginning.

I bought a new M92 a few months back, it was great until all of sudden it stopped working. Now the screen is just gray in it would not boot. Is there any official bug report? Would a firmware upgrade fix this? Any ideas booxter or any other store owners....
sbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #58
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyanath Bhat View Post
I bought a new M92 a few months back, it was great until all of sudden it stopped working. Now the screen is just gray in it would not boot. Is there any official bug report? Would a firmware upgrade fix this? Any ideas booxter or any other store owners....
Hi,

sorry to hear you got some problems with your M92

I would suggest you to contact the store. It easier for us to response to your questions in such a case on time, since:
- we can not always monitor all the postings here immediately.
- Sometimes we could have some questions to your particular case (like asking for a pictures of the screen or detailed description of behavior of your device, leds etc.) and I don't think we shall relocate this chat to the forum here
Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #59
lukeadamwilliams
lukeadamwilliams began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hi

Many thanks for providing this fix. I can't get it to work, however. My M92 is stuck at the one bar loading screen and I don't know how to make it update this fix.

Any help very much appreciated.

Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/update-20120309.zip

Please be aware that this special update is only for solving the freezing problem of M92. The reason of that problem is that there is an separated partition for storing the user data and configurations, like screen display parameters, settings and reading histories, etc. This partition is not formatted during the updating process. After the constant usage, this partition may need re-formatting since the files stored in it may be corrupted. So, the special update will format this partition to solve the problem.

Therefore:
1) please do not use this update for normal update of M92, or the settings and reading histories will be lost.

2) It is just modified version 1.7 (20120224) so dont install it, if you expect some new functions. The 1.7 with some new functions and bug fixes will be published soon.
lukeadamwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #60
Booxtor
Booxtor

Please try to recover your M92 using this tool:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar

Please read "Quick Guide" in that archive first