Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
KINDLE TOUCH: using flite extension

[root@kindle root]# flite "SW8 5RZ" -o POSTCODE.wav

Attached. Works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip POSTCODE.wav.zip (27.7 KB, 233 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #92
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[root@kindle root]# while :; do flite -t "The time is `date | cut -c12- | rev |
awk '{print substr($0,(length($0)-7))}' | rev`"; done

EDIT:

and you could also append the relevant st nd rd or th to a date since the following works as one might expect.

[root@kindle root]# flite "01st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th "

Last edited by twobob; 02-14-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #93
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
We are going to need those two level (collapsing?) menus soon, before all these buttons get away from us.

I know the "One tap firewall" will take a lot of buttons -
It reads like flite could end up with a lot of buttons - more than just a talking clock.

Will give what aid I can, but you know I have never been an 'applications' programmer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #94
twobob

Yeah... the best solution for all devices is what evades.

Choices:

I suppose a choice of "Expanded" and "Panelled" is in order. Either global in some config file or other (eugh) or on the screen at all times (I think I like this)

And while we are at it... a choice of "Die on command" or "Do next Command" would also no doubt be of benefit... NOT global in some config file: on the screen at all times. perhaps even embedded in the button itself - but I don't like the navigational implications of that.

Also a "Favourites" filter could maybe one day make some sense if this thing gets colossal. but once again I want a GUI god to step in from the heavens and say "LO, HERE IS THE PERFECT DESIGN!!!". Not hearing any angel trains at this time unfortunately.

What no Touch?

I honestly am starting to think that keyboard shortcuts auto assigned to the various buttons would be a good start (we could do 26 shortcuts without too much pain)
This will only help on "Key Enabled devices" but those are the ones that really bother me for this "collapsible" design concept. "Less Clicks" is more betterer. The final solution with hopefully result in LESS clicks not more on those devices.

The ability to "Jump" to the 1st letter of a matched button on the same page (or even in the entire results set perhaps) could be an alternate solution taking advantage of the keys of course.

What no Keys?

The 4 with it's general lack of keys and Touch is of course the most badly affected in the whole "clicks" stakes, but since I do not have one... well. makes it harder to judge, I have played with one for a day so I have half an idea.

What no plan?

so yeah. in précis: It's not so much the code as the best solution for all devices.

I should do some click diagrams and calculate some shortest paths I suppose.
I currently have 31 buttons on the touch and TBH on the touch having lots of pages is not such a pain. but yes 20 pages would be a real chore. especially if you only used say.. 4 of the buttons regularily. and they were in the middle (since the end is one click back away)

And. For the record. I know you know all this. I'm just saying it out loud.

Anyone with Angelic Guidance feel free to step in now with your "Lo! Advice!"

So... Paper. dull diagrams. guts coding. decisions on choices. then hopefully a little divine intervention from Ixtab too, since my code is always an affront to processors everywhere.

bit by bit, byte by byte it progresses.
You make excellent points.

Last edited by twobob; 02-14-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: betterer, solution
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #95
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I suppose a choice of "Expanded" and "Panelled" is in order. Either global in some config file or other (eugh) or on the screen at all times (I think I like this)
Do you mean by "panelled" - paralleled menus?
I.E: A two column menu, sort of like the big-boys GUI?

Column on the left is "Catagories" (helper, application type, whatever the 'name' is) ;

The column on the right is updated base on which button in the left column is tapped - showing the list of buttons for 'helper' or whatever.

Not quite sure how that layout could be paged, but .....

At first it may seen counter initiative - to require two taps to activate the desired button -
But it would be taking a lot of 'next page' taps out of the system.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #96
twobob

Yeah. I just don't know at this point.

They are just ideas.

probably the very simplest solution will be the best. Just not sure what that is at this point
Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #97
edonor
edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch

Last edited by edonor; 02-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.
edonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #98
dreamcreator
dreamcreator began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am so frustrated after 2 days with Kindle Touch to have just samantha and steffi as voices. I downgraded from 3.5.7 to 512 jailbraked with Kubrick but then nothing works. Many write simple unzip, overwrite and I dont know what is meant. Unzing the vices make just 2 folders kindle-voice-de-steffi.src and kindle-voice-en_US-samantha.src. Nothing will be overwritten. When I try to put all files to one data folder, with overwriting, it doesn't work after. Thera are files with 'name' and 'number' should I manually rename this or waht, If yes which number is meant. I am really desperated and wonder that 5-6 years nobody writes about it. Please help

Last edited by dreamcreator; 08-26-2018 at 02:20 PM.
dreamcreator is offline   Reply With Quote