Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Forge of Stones...

Got this from Smashwords, and am having trouble getting it into my 650.

I've got it into Reader Library, but when I move it to the reader, and check status, it appears to be loading
And loading it....
And loading it......
And loading it ........ you get the idea.

Anyone else had problems, or know what's going on please ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
The Reader Library does that, that's one of the reasons I stopped using it. Leave it alone for as long as you can stand, then eject and disconnect the reader, and check the book list. The book will most likely be on the reader.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
Also, I avoid the Library software as much as possible. I drag-drop files into READER/database/media/books.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I just use Calibre. Well, Calibre and Kobo, since I've been using their Android app for a long time anyway.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Ditto I use Calibre. I download the book and save in a folder in My documents, in the authors name, then drag and drop into Calibre and go from there.
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks all.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard

Just out of interest, (tech-dunce here again) the Calibre manual mentions the arrow by the "Preferences bar" - I don't seem to have a "Preferences" bar - or do I just not know what a Preferences Bar is ?!
And, I've (I thought) d/loaded update 8.whatever, but it still tells me I'm using 7. whatever, and an update is available - ?? Duh?(probably)
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Above your Library in Calibre you have a load of Icons some of which have a samll arrow next to them. The preference Icon is the far one on the right.
The latest update avialable is 0.8.6 which if you click on will launch internet and the option to download the update which I just click on run. To see your current version it is dispalayed down bottom left
Old 06-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard

Success......

Thanks all - & Kiwimick, I found it OK thanks, quite how I hadn't before is beyond me - and I've d/loaded my first book into Cailbre
How much was luck, I know not, but I now am happy as long as my d/loaded book has the "Open containing folder" option".
Which is 100% better than before !

I also found the Welcome Wizard, and I then realized why I had 4 d/loads of the 8.5 but no version installed - I am wiser and older.

Not difficult for either in my case.

Time for a dark room and a couple of cucumber slices I think, before getting more adventurous........

Old 06-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
Kiwimick
Addict

Nice one Once you get the hang of it you realise that calibre is a godsend for organising all your books and collection
Old 06-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
carpetmojo
Wizard

Smile

Steady on - still recovering from doing the last bit !!