Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-18-2023, 09:38 PM   #1
h_nara
h_nara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre doesn't create subfolder when sending books to KOReader

I'm having too many books on my e-reader so to better organize the books, I thought it'd be good to add another layer of folders. I created a column in Calibre called 'Tags2' (with lookup name #tags2) then set the template to '{tags}/{#tags2}/{title} - {authors}' in the 'Sending books to devices' settings. However, I don't see the subfolder with the Tags2 value created. The books lie in the 'tags' folder directly. Anyone with KOReader succesfully make Calibre create subfolders when sending books over? Thanks!
h_nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 05:34 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_nara View Post
I'm having too many books on my e-reader so to better organize the books, I thought it'd be good to add another layer of folders. I created a column in Calibre called 'Tags2' (with lookup name #tags2) then set the template to '{tags}/{#tags2}/{title} - {authors}' in the 'Sending books to devices' settings. However, I don't see the subfolder with the Tags2 value created. The books lie in the 'tags' folder directly. Anyone with KOReader succesfully make Calibre create subfolders when sending books over? Thanks!
The template in Preferences / Sending books to device is used only the first time you send to the device. It is copied to the device plugin and used from there subsequently. As such, you must change it in the plugin. Connect to the device, right click on the device icon, choose Configure this device, and change the template there. Disconnect and restart calibre to be sure that the change takes effect. It might be sufficient to disconnect -- I don't remember.

Last edited by chaley; 09-20-2023 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2023, 08:50 PM   #3
h_nara
h_nara began at the beginning.

that's exactly where the problem is - thanks so much!
h_nara is offline   Reply With Quote