Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Cover Grey Inner Plastic Inserts?

I just dropped my reader and it survived but my D&B insert broke and I can't find the other piece. That cover is so expensive and I would like to salvage it. Do you guys know a place to buy the grey plastic insert that connect the cover to the reader. I look and it's no glued; it's being held together by 4 holes.

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I broke my plastic holder in a similar manner. I just used a couple of small squares of double sided tape to stick the Sony into the inside of the back cover. I've found I prefer it to the original. It feels firmer and doesn't swing around inside the cover like it used to
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
My old iPaq fits inside its case with Velcro - which is handy because you can take it out when you need to. You might try that with your Sony and cover as well.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
morrisnk
morrisnk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I did the same on my Premium Leather Cover a few days ago. I sent an inquiry email to the Sony Parts site but no dice, I'll probably have to call. If you still have your old stock cover that came with your reader you might be able to disconnect the piece and reconnect it to your D&B cover. Be careful, though, the plastic insert is also glued onto the cover (as well as clipped on with the 4 holes), and I managed to snap mine in half trying to remove it. I was still able to clip both halves back into my Premium Leather Cover. It works, but it's not ideal. I'll try epoxying my halves together this weekend.

BTW- I love the look of the D&B covers. Too bad I missed out on them.

-Nathan
morrisnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
I broke my plastic holder in a similar manner. I just used a couple of small squares of double sided tape to stick the Sony into the inside of the back cover. I've found I prefer it to the original. It feels firmer and doesn't swing around inside the cover like it used to
Duh! Why didn't I think of that? I hate when it flops around. The simple solutions are always the best.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Booky McGee
Booky McGee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Agreed, that's a good idea if I ever bust mine (D&B cover here too).

I miss the solid, old-style cover attachment of the 500 model on my new 505, but I could get the same effect with velcro.
Booky McGee is offline   Reply With Quote