Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
How to change "Send to device" without folders?

I would like to send my conversions directly to "Documents" without Calibre creating any directories. For the time being, I have been manually copying the converted file from the Library directory to Documents on my device, but there certainly must be a better way.

Looking in Preferences => Add/Save=> Sending to device, what needs to be in the template field to accomplish this? I have not found an answer in the FAQs.

Many thanks.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not sure if this will do what you want or not, but in Preferences, under Plugins-->Device Interface Plugins find the one for your device and click Customize and then uncheck Use Sub Directories.

Like I said that's just a guess, but it seems like what you're wanting to do.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Brian - I did not think of looking in plugins but will try your suggestion.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 AM   #4
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Not sure if this will do what you want or not, but in Preferences, under Plugins-->Device Interface Plugins find the one for your device and click Customize and then uncheck Use Sub Directories.
This works perfectly. Thanks!
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
So doing this means that the books don't appear in folders on the kindle (when using the kindle as a USB? If so did you remove all the books from the kindle and then resubmit them via Calibre? If you have the 2.5 update did doing this mess up the folders from the update?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
elmoglick
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
So doing this means that the books don't appear in folders on the kindle (when using the kindle as a USB? If so did you remove all the books from the kindle and then resubmit them via Calibre? If you have the 2.5 update did doing this mess up the folders from the update?
It appears that the 2.5 update has problems navigating a directory tree under 'documents', resulting in a significant delay when adding or deleting books. Having all books in the 'documents' directory seems to mitigate the issue.

I use Calibre almost exclusively for retrieving periodicals and sending the occasional converted book or personal doc. Never felt the need to have Calibre manage my books and now with the Kindle collections feature, there is even less need.

I cleaned up 'documents' by copying everything in the Calibre-created author folders to the root of 'documents' and then just deleted the folders. I did this before putting anything into collections, but it appears that the Kindle does a scan/reconciliation upon disconnecting USB, so it shouldn't mess up any current collections.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
This works perfectly. Thanks!
I don't have a Kindle, but why didn't you just remove the folders in your Send to Disk pattern? (located in Prefs|Add/Save|Send) Is there some reason that doesn't work? I'd find it sort of confusing to tell it to create folders in the Send to Disk pattern, then tell it not to create folders in the Plugins-->Device Interface.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
elmoglick
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I don't have a Kindle, but why didn't you just remove the folders in your Send to Disk pattern? (located in Prefs|Add/Save|Send) Is there some reason that doesn't work? I'd find it sort of confusing to tell it to create folders in the Send to Disk pattern, then tell it not to create folders in the Plugins-->Device Interface.
Because we're talking about Send to Device, not Send to Disk.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Because we're talking about Send to Device, not Send to Disk.
There is also a pattern there for Send to Device.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #10
elmoglick
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
There is also a pattern there for Send to Device.
I deleted the entire pattern there, but it still saved in a sub-directory. So it seems that the "use sub directories" setting in the plug-in overrides that field.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard

Unchecking "use sub-directories" did the trick for me.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I deleted the entire pattern there, but it still saved in a sub-directory. So it seems that the "use sub directories" setting in the plug-in overrides that field.
I expected it to override, but I didn't expect it to save in a folder if there's no folder in the Save to Device pattern. What was that folder named?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #13
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I expected it to override, but I didn't expect it to save in a folder if there's no folder in the Save to Device pattern. What was that folder named?
Two things could be happening in this case. The device drivers can have per device overrides for the pattern. Also, the / tag will override the pattern.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote