Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
wombat
wombat began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Thumbs up G'day all!

I have recently retired and reading is a big part of my life. Ebooks seem like an effective way to go for portability and cost. I look forward to getting started real soon.

Cheers

Wombat
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Hi, Wombat -

tell us where your wombat warren is and why wombats choose a Cybook and what they like to read on it.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Wombat and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmm, "wombat" and "G'day"...I wonder which part of the world this new user hails from...?

G'day, Wombat. Where the bloody hell are ya?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh my! reading wombats!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
oh my! reading wombats!
I've only tried reading wombats once - the opening was a bit hairy, the middle was quite bloated, and the ending just stank.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 11-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

I did word that all whopperjawed didn't I?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It was delightfully ambiguous...but "whopperjawed" is such a phantasmagorical word, that from now on it's the word I'm going to use instead of "ambiguous".

Cheers,
Marc
Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #9
wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
Hi, Wombat -

tell us where your wombat warren is and why wombats choose a Cybook and what they like to read on it.
This wombat has its burrow in Ocean Grove, Victoria, Australia. I am in fact a sea side wombat.
I will be buying a reader very soon and it will be a Cybook Gen 3 because it has the most votes for a general purpose does it all well reader.
I will be reading on it Michael Chabon, Nelson Demille, Stephen King, Vikram Seth, Cormac mcCarthy, James Ellroy and so on....

Winters down here are quite cool so the burrow needs to be well stocked with all manner of stuff.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #10
wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hmm, "wombat" and "G'day"...I wonder which part of the world this new user hails from...?

G'day, Wombat. Where the bloody hell are ya?

Cheers,
Marc
Hi montsnmags

I live in the premier state of Victoria in Ocean grove near Geelong.
Do you have an ereader and if so what variety?

Cheers

John
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 AM   #11
wombat

Quote:
oh my! reading wombats!
Oh for sure we are exciting beasties! We don't just eat root and leave.

Cheers

John
Old 11-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Oh for sure we are exciting beasties! We don't just eat root and leave.

Cheers

John

welcome to the forum, wombat (lord help us, another crazy australian ! ).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome Wombat

(And Kris, I love whopperjawed )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
krisk, permit me to point you in the direction the mozzling thread. something tells me it will benefit from your presence.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
krisk, permit me to point you in the direction the mozzling thread. something tells me it will benefit from your presence.
*snickerfits* looks like that should be fun!