Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #46
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Blue Velvet?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #47
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Blue Velvet?
Over to you.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #48
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Against it? I should be positively astounded to hear anything that could be said FOR it. Why the whole bloody place is the most unspeakable matriarchy in the whole history of civilization! Look at yourself! The way your wife and her strumpet of a mother push you through the hoop! As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this positively infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this wretched Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight. "
Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #49
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ this is AWESOME. No idea where it came from, but sounds like I must see this movie.

Come on folks, step up to the challenge!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #50
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Additional quotes, and a clue:

" I'm coming. That's what I'm here for. That's why you had me, Mama, to save you."
------
" It's only a possibility now, it's only a possibility that this man was telling the truth. And if it was the truth, then it is a fact that this place is almost 200 miles away. Now I suggest that we quietly get into our cars and drive down there at a safe, sound speed, keeping each other in sight of each other. And then when we get down there, we dig up the money - providing there is some money there. And if we do find it, we share it amongst us in a simple manner"

Clue - it involves a big "W"
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Additional quotes, and a clue:

" I'm coming. That's what I'm here for. That's why you had me, Mama, to save you."
------
" It's only a possibility now, it's only a possibility that this man was telling the truth. And if it was the truth, then it is a fact that this place is almost 200 miles away. Now I suggest that we quietly get into our cars and drive down there at a safe, sound speed, keeping each other in sight of each other. And then when we get down there, we dig up the money - providing there is some money there. And if we do find it, we share it amongst us in a simple manner"

Clue - it involves a big "W"
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #52
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Correct! Now your turn!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #53
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ this is AWESOME. No idea where it came from, but sounds like I must see this movie.

Come on folks, step up to the challenge!
lestatar it's one of the greatest comedies ever made with a virtual who's who of comedy. Buster Keaton, 3 stooges, Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett, Terry Thomas, Mickey Rooney, Ethel Merman, Joe e. Brown, Spencer Tracey, Jerry Lewis and a host of others. Some are just cameo roles while others have bigger parts to play and it's well worth getting hold of a copy. It's out on DVD (or was last I checked).
Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #54
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

What on Earth would your mother be doing here?

She worries about me! I'm worried about me too, actually.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
What on Earth would your mother be doing here?

She worries about me! I'm worried about me too, actually.
I know this one, but I cheated, so I won't post it. I think this one will need more clues. I never would have figured it out without cheating.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #56
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
I know this one, but I cheated, so I won't post it. I think this one will need more clues. I never would have figured it out without cheating.
I cheated too....agree, more clues. I didn't have a prayer...
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #57
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ <facepalm> zomg, what a moron. completely forgot about the omnipotent powers of Google!

Points to you all for being so honest

Need. More. Clues.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Hey, this is some place, huh? Is it haunted?

Yeah. By the ghosts of delivery men who asked too many stupid questions and never escaped.

(my favorite scene in the movie)
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #59
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
IMDB?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #60
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
IMDB?
Via google. Yes.