Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #1651
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I am impressed. So far I've bought 35! But that's mostly because of the changes at Baen books.
With March's subscriptions and Baen bundle, and two bargain Robert Silverberg books, my bought total for 2012 is now 46...

And my TBR has grown by 6 since the start of the year...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #1652
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
A man lost his paycheck for the umpteenth time, his house was in foreclosure, his boss was angry about his wages being seized by the IRS and his wife gives him and ultimatum. She hands him a pamphlet for Gamblers Anonymous and says, "You either do this 12-step program or we're quits and you're on your own."

He studied the brochure and said, "I'll give you five-to-one odds I can finish this in six steps."
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #1653
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I haven't bought any ebooks for several months and ended up buying 6 yesterday. I didn't really mean to but it ended up being another case of indie authors I like releasing their books all around the same time.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #1654
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I know that freebies do not count, but since Amazon changed their affiliate rules I'm having withdrawal symptoms of not having various paths to getting freebies! There are a lot of sites that just don't offer them anymore. In a way I think this is good since inevitably I would also buy books I had to pay for.

Last edited by jersysman; 03-02-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Editing
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #1655
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
^ Agreed. It's fun looking for good freebies, although most of them will never be read. That daily search leads to actually spending money, though. This is a good time to break old habits, stick to discussion threads, and read the many books I already have.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #1656
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
A man lost his paycheck for the umpteenth time, his house was in foreclosure, his boss was angry about his wages being seized by the IRS and his wife gives him and ultimatum. She hands him a pamphlet for Gamblers Anonymous and says, "You either do this 12-step program or we're quits and you're on your own."

He studied the brochure and said, "I'll give you five-to-one odds I can finish this in six steps."
I take your point.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #1657
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
I am one that has tons of free books. My sister says that I will read nearly anything including the cereal box. My house was so bad with books to be read that It was a fire hazard. When we ended up moving hallway across the US I liquidated my book stash to a local book seller that would give me cash and only took two boxes that originally held paper. The kindle was still too expensive when it came out and too big. I went with a Jornada pocket pc the 520. I really miss turning pages with the jog wheel it had. That was probably 1998. It was hard to find books. Went crazy at peanut press who later became ereader.com.

Last edited by magicmonster; 03-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #1658
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I know that freebies do not count, but since Amazon changed their affiliate rules I'm having withdrawal symptoms of not having various paths to getting freebies! There are a lot of sites that just don't offer them anymore. In a way I think this is good since inevitably I would also buy books I had to pay for.
Ereaderiq still lists freebies
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #1659
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Ereaderiq still lists freebies
I saw, but they've cut way back. They used to offer close to 800, but now it is only about 200, and all of those aren't novels. I got an email from the owner, I guess, stating that they have almost stopped, but are still looking into ways to continue. Other sites have just stopped all together.

Like I said above, just saves me some money in the long run.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #1660
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
Have not physically spent any money on any ebooks as yet this year, however have got approx 100 free books so far this year through kobo and smashwords, now on a forum where i get a newsletter similar to the kindle one but for kobo and nook nobooko.com
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #1661
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
... now on a forum where i get a newsletter similar to the kindle one but for kobo and nook nobooko.com
oooohhhh, thanks for feeding the addiction
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #1662
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Still only at 2 paid books for the year, and 0 freebies!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #1663
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Still only at 2 paid books for the year, and 0 freebies!
I praise your restraint. I'm at 46 paid books this year (and one freebie), compared to only 25 last year.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #1664
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Well, I broke down and bought Ever After by Kim Harrison and Killing Floor by Lee Child. Well, Kim Harrison is practically my favorite author and Killing Floor has a ridiculously long waiting list at the library. So there's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #1665
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Well, I broke down and bought Ever After by Kim Harrison and Killing Floor by Lee Child. Well, Kim Harrison is practically my favorite author and Killing Floor has a ridiculously long waiting list at the library. So there's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I hope you manage to find them discounted, too!