Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Can Calibre download multiple covers and let me pick the one I want?

Howdy,

If I use the Edit Metadata option and click to download covers, it seems to only show me one cover that I can choose from other than the current one on the book. Is there any way to have Calibre get multiple cover options form the various sources and show me a list of them so I can pick the one I want?

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #2
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Under Preferences -> Metadata Download, see what Sources you have configured. Choose some additional ones.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you use the MetaData EDITOR (the e key for access),
There is a Download covers Button on the page if you wish to skip the data fields.

You get a choice chosen from the configured sources.
You can also assign (cover) priority numbers to those sources (1,2,3...)

Another good way to find covers is the Search The Internet Plugin, and drag/copy Image and drop it into the details pane
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you use the MetaData EDITOR (the e key for access),
There is a Download covers Button on the page if you wish to skip the data fields.

You get a choice chosen from the configured sources.
Ah. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote