Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #196
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I guess that KindleGen crash. Upload somewhere batch you trying to convert and send me a link in PM + information settings you used. I need to check it.

You using 2.10 version?

EDIT:
That blank pages are not a error. EPUB file is intermediate product. It is prepared for KindleGen parsing - not reading.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-22-2013 at 12:26 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #197
ianderma
ianderma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I feel pretty stupid. I put kindlegen in my bin folder, however I didn't check whether it could be run.
After changing the permissions, the conversion proceeds successfully. Thanks.
ianderma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #198
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm. Next version will detect that :-)
Old 06-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #199
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Kindle Comic Converter v3.0 is released!
Enjoy!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #200
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Many thanks Ciro and AcidWeb. Now I have a problem with version 3.0; when the program starts, I receive the following warning message:

Cannot find UnRAR! Processing of CBR/RAR files will be disabled.

But I have the UnRAR.exe in the same folder as KCC.exe!! Why can't KCC find UnRAR?
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #201
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

That is strange... You are sure that UnRAR.exe is working correctly? Start windows console. Go to KCC directory and execute command: unrar
Old 06-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #202
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Thank you very much, guys. The new KCC is beautiful.

I forgot to mention that would be nice add a cancel button during the convert process. Sometimes, I click convert and then I realized I forgot to check an option. I know that closing KCC works.

So I miss it sometimes.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #203
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwing View Post
Thank you very much, guys. The new KCC is beautiful.

I forgot to mention that would be nice add a cancel button during the convert process. Sometimes, I click convert and then I realized I forgot to check an option. I know that closing KCC works.

So I miss it sometimes.
No problem I will add it.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #204
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
That is strange... You are sure that UnRAR.exe is working correctly? Start windows console. Go to KCC directory and execute command: unrar
I did it and I got the following output:

Code:
UNRAR 3.80 freeware      Copyright (c) 1993-2008 Alexander Roshal

Usage:     unrar <command> -<switch 1> -<switch N> <archive> <files...>
               <@listfiles...> <path_to_extract\>

<Commands>
  e             Extract files to current directory
  l[t,b]        List archive [technical, bare]
  p             Print file to stdout
  t             Test archive files
  v[t,b]        Verbosely list archive [technical,bare]
  x             Extract files with full path

<Switches>
  -             Stop switches scanning
  ac            Clear Archive attribute after compression or extraction
  ad            Append archive name to destination path
  ap<path>      Set path inside archive
  av-           Disable authenticity verification check
  c-            Disable comments show
  cfg-          Disable read configuration
  cl            Convert names to lower case
  cu            Convert names to upper case
  dh            Open shared files
  ep            Exclude paths from names
  ep3           Expand paths to full including the drive letter
  f             Freshen files
  id[c,d,p,q]   Disable messages
  ierr          Send all messages to stderr
  inul          Disable all messages
  ioff          Turn PC off after completing an operation
  kb            Keep broken extracted files
  n<file>       Include only specified file
  n@            Read file names to include from stdin
  n@<list>      Include files in specified list file
  o[+|-]        Set the overwrite mode
  oc            Set NTFS Compressed attribute
  or            Rename files automatically
  ow            Save or restore file owner and group
  p[password]   Set password
  p-            Do not query password
  r             Recurse subdirectories
  ri<P>[:<S>]   Set priority (0-default,1-min..15-max) and sleep time in ms
  sl<size>      Process files with size less than specified
  sm<size>      Process files with size more than specified
  ta<date>      Process files modified after <date> in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format
  tb<date>      Process files modified before <date> in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format
  tn<time>      Process files newer than <time>
  to<time>      Process files older than <time>
  ts<m,c,a>[N]  Save or restore file time (modification, creation, access)
  u             Update files
  v             List all volumes
  ver[n]        File version control
  vp            Pause before each volume
  x<file>       Exclude specified file
  x@            Read file names to exclude from stdin
  x@<list>      Exclude files in specified list file
  y             Assume Yes on all queries
So, Unrar is working. And it works (and worked) perfectly with KCC 2.10. So, what am I doing wrong?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #205
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
So, Unrar is working. And it works (and worked) perfectly with KCC 2.10. So, what am I doing wrong?
That is very strange because 3.0 is using this same code to detect if unrar is available. No idea that is wrong. I will investigate this issue tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #206
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@RbnJrg: KindleGen is detected without any problems?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #207
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
@RbnJrg: KindleGen is detected without any problems?
Hi AcidWeb;

Yes, there is no problem. In fact, I can work with .zip files, .cbz and images without problems and the resultant .mobi is perfect. The only issue is UnRAR; I can't process .cbr files.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #208
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Try again that console stuff but after starting unnrar execute: echo %errorlevel%
Also check if when you are not in KCC directory command unrar display information that command is not found.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #209
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Try again that console stuff but after starting unnrar execute: echo %errorlevel%
Also check if when you are not in KCC directory command unrar display information that command is not found.
After "echo %errorlevel%" I received the output "7" and outside the KCC folder I had the following message (in spanish):

Code:
"unrar" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
That is, "unrar" is not recognized as a intern or extern command, program or .bat file. The curious thing is that unrar works perfectly under KCC 2.10; just I copied that file in the KCC 3.0 folder but now is not recognized:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	107397  

Last edited by RbnJrg; 06-27-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #210
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. So we found a source of problem. Exit code of your unrar binary is 7 and it should be 0.

Get newest UnRar for Windows: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrarw32.exe
This version is returning 0 on my computer. Not expected that older versions return other value.

Anyway that is a bug. And it will be fixed in next release.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-27-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools