Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Elysium
Nameless Being

Elysium's introduction. (She talks too much.)

Hello. I'm Elysium - twenty-one years old and studying a B.Tech with an Australian university. I'm in my first year, and aiming towards eventually completing a doctorate degree. I'm an amateur violinist currently searching for a new teacher (I play on a Gliga III) and a passable bassist. My passions are music, books, mixed martial arts and collecting things. I spend far too much time at church and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've turned down a cup of tea. I'm currently teaching myself knitting, C++, and how to budget.

I initially purchased an e-reader because of the wealth of public domain books available for it, but have since discovered a far more useful benefit: the ability to read whilst teaching myself to knit. It's slower going as I need to frequently look at my needles for the time being, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying the slower pace and the chance to be one of those ladies who curl up in a corner with a cat, a blanket, a cup of herbal tea, a book and some knitting. I suppose you could say that having a Kindle has changed my life. It's taught me to slow down and smell the roses

As you've probably noticed, I talk far too much -- friends have suggested that I write a novel. I like to point out to them that I'm studying technology and not literature; I'm a literal thinker. I love exploring universes fashioned by others, but am quite terrible at fashioning my own. Music is my most creative pursuit, and I have no natural talent for it. In any case, I'll shut up now. I just thought I'd give you a verbose introduction. I'm looking forward to discussing books with you all!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi Elysium. Welcome to MobileRead. Will look forward to your future postings. Enjoy your music, and your reading.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi Elysium, welcome to MobileRead.

I can think of several threads in the lounge which I think you'd find congenial. perhaps especially this one, where you can discuss tea to your heart's content.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Welcome to the site.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Welcome to the place where the interesting crazy ones meet. Nothing of what you wrote was boring IMO, so just keep on talking - it never is too much as long as it isn't boring
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Elysium and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
I'm an amateur violinist [...]
My passions are [...] mixed martial arts and collecting things.
Scary! How many methods have you collected for killing somebody with a violin bow?

Welcome to MR!
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
Elysium
Nameless Being

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcomes! You seem like a lovely bunch so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I can think of several threads in the lounge which I think you'd find congenial. perhaps especially this one, where you can discuss tea to your heart's content.
Excellent - I'll be subscribing to that thread in the hopes of discovering new kinds of tea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Scary! How many methods have you collected for killing somebody with a violin bow?
Haha! At least three
The serious answer, however, would be that the martial arts my lessons are borrowing from are all hand-to-hand combat styles, and so if you ever see me in the street, you really don't need to worry about impromptu violin attacks.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote