Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
zetaz
zetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glow
kobo and calibre library don't match

hello
i copied some ebooks in my kobo glow using calibre.
during the copy, calibre say , ebooks are both on the calibre library and in the kobo reader ( v215)
when i restart calibre and the kobo, when i look at ebooks in the kobo calibre say these ebooks are not in the calibre library. Why ?

i use these settings metadata connexions, any device any format

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title} destination field "title"

and for the device "kobo"
use subfolder
use ebooks metadata

and {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

any idea ?
thank you
zetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is a known issue that Davidfor is trying to resolve.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
And latest Calibre release made it worse for me.
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaz View Post
hello
i copied some ebooks in my kobo glow using calibre.
during the copy, calibre say , ebooks are both on the calibre library and in the kobo reader ( v215)
when i restart calibre and the kobo, when i look at ebooks in the kobo calibre say these ebooks are not in the calibre library. Why ?
I'm not clear on what you did. Did you stop and restart calibre before disconnecting the Glo? If you disconnected the Glo before restarting calibre, did it process the books and show them in its library list?
Quote:
i use these settings metadata connexions, any device any format

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title} destination field "title"

and for the device "kobo"
use subfolder
use ebooks metadata

and {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Those should be OK. The issue is how the driver reads these when the device is reconnected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magphil View Post
And latest Calibre release made it worse for me.
Can you give me the title of one that isn't working? And, was it on the device before? Or is it a book you added with calibre 0.9.5?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Can you give me the title of one that isn't working? And, was it on the device before? Or is it a book you added with calibre 0.9.5?
Ok, here is what I have done.

After I had installed calibre 0.9.5, some books were still not reported correctly. So I decided to restart with a clean DB.

I did a factory reset, followed by an upgrade to 2.1.15 again (using kobo desktop)

I then re-copied books to the kobo using calibre.

So far so good, all books reported as on device main memory.

I ejected the kobo, plugged it out ... kobo scanned the new books.

After the scan was complete, I plugged it to the computer again, and many books where no longer reported as being on the Kobo.

Here is a title example :
"Le feu sacré" which after it's gone though my plugboard becomes :
"[Le Huit 002] Le feu sacré"

Before doing the factory reset, about 15 out of 230 books were not seen.

Now it's 115, and there is no pattern in names really :

"[Valdemar 029] Changes" is seen, but "[Valdemar 028] Intrigues" is not.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The change in 0.9.5 fixed a spot where the sort title was being used instead of the title. Unfortunately, this made matching where a plugboard has changed the title less accurate.

In any case, I found a couple of problems on the weekend. One carried over from the old driver and one where I didn't save a value I should have. These should fix the matching in all normal circumstances. It is working here, but I have had a lot less problems than other people. So, I am getting someone else to test it as well to make sure it works for him.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As the other tester I can say... the next release will be great

My first set of tests with books in multiple series, and books not in series and my usual "complex" metadata plugboard has worked like a charm
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

My first set of tests with books in multiple series, and books not in series and my usual "complex" metadata plugboard has worked like a charm
How nice for us
I wasn't overly concerned about the matching thing, as I was so impressed about how excellent the driver was overall.

Davidfor and youself deserve a big round of applause.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
magphil
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

A quick question : Will I have to erase all books and copy them again for the new bit to work, or simply installing the next Calibre release will be enough ?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magphil View Post
A quick question : Will I have to erase all books and copy them again for the new bit to work, or simply installing the next Calibre release will be enough ?
It depends. There are a few different reasons for the matching not working. At least one of these will clear up the first time calibre sees the device. Some will clear up the next time you send any book to the device. And just doing a send without removing the book first should fix the rest.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #12
zetaz
zetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipsezetaz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glow
well
with 0.9.6 every thinks are working well with the kobo
it's a very very nice software
thanks a lot to all people working for it
zetaz is offline   Reply With Quote