Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #1
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
650 Yellow Screen

When I got my 650, I notice the screen has a yellowish tinge colour to it and I ignored it because I thought it could be my bedroom lighting. Now, when I put my 350 and 650 side by side together the yellow becomes noticeable. The 350 definitely have a much whiter screen. This happens when it's on and when both devices are turned off, they have the same shade of white screen. Is this normal for all 650 or could mind be defective?
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I didn't notice it on the sample ones at the SonyStyle store I went to, but I only spent about 20 minutes, in two 10-minute visits. I laid them side by side with my 300 and 600 and didn't notice any yellow tints, though.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #3
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

I have been using for a few days heavily and don't see any yellow screen. Are you saying pale yellow? Full yellow? Yellowish? Could you post the photo of your Reader?
Thanks.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
No yellow screen for me.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
iptech
iptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-600
No yellow screen for me either.
iptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
When I got my 650, I notice the screen has a yellowish tinge colour to it and I ignored it because I thought it could be my bedroom lighting. Now, when I put my 350 and 650 side by side together the yellow becomes noticeable. The 350 definitely have a much whiter screen. This happens when it's on and when both devices are turned off, they have the same shade of white screen. Is this normal for all 650 or could mind be defective?
Can you take a photo of the two side by side to show the yellow you are seeing?