Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
Upgrading JoinTech JE100 with JE200 firmware...!?!

We have known for some time that JoinThech JE100 and JE200 are so similar, except that JE100 has a limitation that it cannot read MicroSD beyond 2Gb. It is also well known that SDHC support can be implemented via software drivers. Thus, when I saw '_this post_' I decided to have a try on using this JE200 firmware on my JE100. It turn out that IT WORKS. Now my good old Je100 has transform to JE200! It is working great with an 8GB MicroSD (haven't got any 16GB card to try yet)

However, since flashing of a new firmware is a risky business, you should be very careful and follow the instruction very strictly. You cannot blame me if you brick you beloved JE100, you have been warned!

Have fun!
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What else are the differences?

(aka, is it worth doing, considering I never use a SDHC card with it...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
bambi
Enthusiast

You also get a new user interface package, which JoinTech named it as "jtos", and nothing more. If you use the JE100 as a winCE device (boot straight to windows & do everything from windows' menu/shortcut) and don't interest in the new UI, SDHC is the only gain from the upgrade.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
atalos
atalos began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Bambi please give me the details how to upgrade to je200 step by step and which firmware to use. Can you upload the firmware too?
Thanks for your help!
atalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
bambi
Enthusiast

Just follow the link in the first post, all you want is there!
Cheers!
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
You also get a new user interface package, which JoinTech named it as "jtos", and nothing more. If you use the JE100 as a winCE device (boot straight to windows & do everything from windows' menu/shortcut) and don't interest in the new UI, SDHC is the only gain from the upgrade.
Thanks. I only use the WinCE OS because I only use Mobipocket
Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
atalos
atalos began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Thanks a lot! It worked! Now I have a je200! The interface is much better and the device faster than before!
atalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Yes, but does sleep mode still work? That was the problem with adding SDHC support before.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
Yes! Sleep mode works perfectly!
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
I wonder if the JE200 can be upgraded to the yet-to-be-released JWin700 and JAnd700 devices, as the specifications are exactly the same (other than a faster CPU)
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:19 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

That CPU could well be the reason it probably won't work... Most of these OS's are created for the CPU.