Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
WoodLark
WoodLark began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 6"
Glare

I have been using my new EZ-Reader for a little over a week now. Generally, I like it, however, I find that I have to hold it at just the right angle to the light source or it becomes unreadable due to glare on the screen. Has anyone found a solution to this?
WoodLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Glare?

I have used my PEz: indoors, Outdoors. Standing, Slouching.

About the only time I have had glare is when I set the PEz on the table and read while I eat (Really good Pasta ) .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Fincary
Fincary began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150; Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Nook
I've used mine with incandescent light, flourescent light, sunlight...

The only time I have any "problem" with glare is when I'm reading in the dark with a book light. Tilting the top of the reader back 1/2" or so, or moving the light slightly removes the glare.

Not really a problem for me.
Fincary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
The E-INK screen is great in full sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
I have been using my new EZ-Reader for a little over a week now. Generally, I like it, however, I find that I have to hold it at just the right angle to the light source or it becomes unreadable due to glare on the screen. Has anyone found a solution to this?
Dear Woodlark:

Nobody has ever reported glare from the E-INK screens. That is the biggest plus for this type of screen.

However, 3M does make a number of great anti-glare films that we use occasionally in our POS (Point Of Sale) division. Go to 3M and take a fast look at their anti-glare films. You can cut the sheets of film to size.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I see the glare too. It is unavoidable as these are not flat texture porous surfaces. Tilting the screen is required.

To clarify, what he's talking about is light reflections.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I've never had an issue with glare, other than reading with a book light, like Fincary. What conditions are you reading in? During the day? At nigh? What about the light source?

Even some pbooks can be difficult for me to read under bright sunshine if they have very white paper.

I've never had a problem with any of my ereaders, even in the sun.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
I see the glare too. It is unavoidable as these are not flat texture porous surfaces. Tilting the screen is required.
No, but they are matte finished, and way better than computer screens, and shiny displays like iPod etc.

Not sure how it can get much better...
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
WoodLark
WoodLark began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 6"
"Light reflections" might be a better description than glare. I found it particularly annoying when I was reading in bed with a "full spectrum" lamp on my headboard.
WoodLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
AlexGrant
Electronic R&D Engineer
AlexGrant began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO 5"
Do not buy any anti-glare films. Surface at EZ Reader is rough enough to work as anti-glare film. Any additional film will make image darker, but contrast will be the same. Anti-glare film works only on a regular LCD or CRT monitor when internal light has only one length of path, and external - 2 (from outside, and reflected). Do not waste your money. It is Physics.
AlexGrant is offline   Reply With Quote