Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Minor HTML/CSS problem

I usually set text alignment for ebooks I design to justified, but sometimes want to have sections of text left justified - for letters and footnotes for example.

This works well on my Sony, Kindle Keyboard, and Nexus 7 tablet. But If I set text alignment justified in Marvin the section of text I want to be left aligned are justified. This may be an iPad fault, since the same thing happens when I test the ebook in iBooks.

It's not a major concern; I just thought I'd mention it. If you want to have a look at one of the books (and have the time) Armadale by Wilkie Collins is in the MR library. Book two, chapter one 'Lurking Mischief' is one letter after another.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
It isn't iPad's fault - it's the way it's implemented in Marvin (and iBooks it seems). This is Marvin's behaviour:

Justify settings override - left and justified text.
Justify settings honour - right and centred text.

In other words, the justify setting you set in Marvin will override anything that's left or fully justified but honours right and centre. I can't make Marvin ignore CSS left justified text, otherwise most books won't ever justify as expected because publishers usually 'hard' code a left justify everywhere in the text.

Small consolation: switch to publisher's settings.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
It isn't iPad's fault - it's the way it's implemented in Marvin (and iBooks it seems). This is Marvin's behaviour:

Justify settings override - left and justified text.
Justify settings honour - right and centred text.

In other words, the justify setting you set in Marvin will override anything that's left or fully justified but honours right and centre. I can't make Marvin ignore CSS left justified text, otherwise most books won't ever justify as expected because publishers usually 'hard' code a left justify everywhere in the text.

Small consolation: switch to publisher's settings.
Thanks. I'm rather embarrassed that I found this option about an hour after posting.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
No problem. You're welcome.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote