Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Best Sticky Stuff for the Cybook

My DH wants to know what you would recommend as the best way to stick his Cybook into his Levenger Circa Zip Folio.

He would like it to be removable if possible and wonders what configuration on the back did you use to stick yours to whatever you did.

Note: I used a stick on velcro that I found at the fabric store on mine, it's white. He says he doesn't think it's the right Velcro for this.

He really wants some input.

Gladtobemom
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really don't see anything at all wrong with using velcro, although black velcro rather than white would perhaps be less "conspicuous" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I would use the black velcro that has the sticky self adhesive on it. I would be sure to put the "soft" side of the velcro (the part that does not grab things) on the Cybook and the "scratchy" side of the velcro (the part that grabs things) on the case.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
My DH wants to know what you would recommend as the best way to stick his Cybook into his Levenger Circa Zip Folio.

He would like it to be removable if possible and wonders what configuration on the back did you use to stick yours to whatever you did.

Note: I used a stick on velcro that I found at the fabric store on mine, it's white. He says he doesn't think it's the right Velcro for this.

He really wants some input.

Gladtobemom
Why not get some of that thin elastic banding and sew in two bands that the Cybook can slip under. That's what I'm going to do. The Travel Folio I got from Target came with one piece of velcro, but the glue backing couldn't support even the minor weight of the Cybook.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
The Travel Folio I got from Target came with one piece of velcro, but the glue backing couldn't support even the minor weight of the Cybook.

Derek
Vecro comes in all sorts of different "strengths", from the type to fasten delicate fabrics with to stuff you can suspend a tow-truck from. Somewhere in-between is probably what's needed for the CyBook - any decent DIY store should have lots to choose from.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Vecro comes in all sorts of different "strengths", from the type to fasten delicate fabrics with to stuff you can suspend a tow-truck from. Somewhere in-between is probably what's needed for the CyBook - any decent DIY store should have lots to choose from.
Next to the comments of Harry T which always seems to be philosophical in nature, I am always anxious to read Delphi 96's comments, because one day he will be telling me that my Cybook is in the mail!!! Keep up the good work you two, I love reading what you have to say... I come to the forum many times a day

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote