Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
JanieGirl
JanieGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question Will my CC be charged NOW or later if I order a Nook?

I'm wondering if my debit card will be charged NOW or when the Nook is shipped sometime in the new year?

Amazon I know charges ONLY when the item is ready to be shipped so I hope this is the case for the Nook??
JanieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
gulo
Enthusiast
gulo is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanieGirl View Post
I'm wondering if my debit card will be charged NOW or when the Nook is shipped sometime in the new year?

Amazon I know charges ONLY when the item is ready to be shipped so I hope this is the case for the Nook??
You will only be charged once it ships
gulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I ordered mine Dec 12 and I have not been charged for it yet. It will be charged around Feb 1 when it ships.
Indiana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
JanieGirl

Thanks for your replies
Old 12-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
You need to understand that you will be "pre-authorized" immediately when you place the order. Make sure you have funds when you order and when your ship date is. The charge will happen, then reverse several days later. Oh, and when it ships, you will once again be charged.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60237

Irritating, really.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
JanieGirl

Coolbreeze, thanks had no idea about that pre-authorization. I won't be ordering until I have enough. You helped a lot
Old 12-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Never use a debit card online. If the # is compromised your account will be cleaned out. Recently had a credit was over $7000 of fraudulent changes. Didn't really ruin my day. If that had been a debit card. Ouch. If you only have a debit card I would wait for them to hit the stores. You also have different protections with warranties, fraud, etc, etc with debit cards.
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
JanieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckole View Post
Never use a debit card online. If the # is compromised your account will be cleaned out. Recently had a credit was over $7000 of fraudulent changes. Didn't really ruin my day. If that had been a debit card. Ouch. If you only have a debit card I would wait for them to hit the stores. You also have different protections with warranties, fraud, etc, etc with debit cards.
I appreciate your concern and advice but I'm not going to wait until spring 2010. I have been using my debit cards online for 12 years+ online without any problems.

I am aware of the differences between Debit and credit but thank you
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
AZMerf
AZMerf began at the beginning.

Device: nook (Feb 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanieGirl View Post
I appreciate your concern and advice but I'm not going to wait until spring 2010. I have been using my debit cards online for 12 years+ online without any problems.

I am aware of the differences between Debit and credit but thank you
I agree with ckole. You just haven't had a problem yet. When you do, you'll be sorry. It's always better to use someone else's money when you purchase, which is what a CC provides. What's a few months.
AZMerf is offline   Reply With Quote