Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #196
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I have quite a few dictionaries from my Sharp Zaurus sl5500, cl3200, cl1000, but they are in the *dic.dz format.
Anyway to convert these to a format the 360+ could use?
I have Latin-English, Spanish-English, French-English, German-English and more.I even have an entire Wikipedia in English in that format.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #197
Prinke
Prinke began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
English-Dutch Dictionary for Pocketbook 360

Hi Everybody,

I have a Pocketbook 360 for a week now and I am very satisfied with it.
The only thing I really, really want is a English-Dutch dictionary in .dic format.
I have search for a week on the internet, found a lot of other dictionaries in .dic format but never a English-Dutch.dic dictionary.
Maybe somebody here on this forum has a I idea.

Thanks in advance

Greatings

Prinke
Prinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #198
Prinke

dictionary english-dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guus View Post
An English Dutch dictionary, converted, so ready to use, working on my PB302.

It is open source (XDXF Dictionaries) and converted.
Thank you very, very, mutch Guus, if have looking for days on the net for a English-Dutch dictionary

I found only a dictionary in WB format but the convertion in TXT format went wrong. When I run the conversion I only see for a second a little black dos screen and then noting.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #199
Prinke

converting babylon dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkash View Post
i needed some dictionaries which were available only in Babylon(BGL) format and so after an hour of research was able to successfully convert them to PocketBook(DIC) format. so, if anyone's interested, i can explain the whole process in details.

Babylon has tons of dictionaries for free that you can download:
http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/
Hi,

Thanks for your walktrough for converting Babylon dictionary.
But I don't have Linux so the first step is a problem.
Is it possible that you can do the first step for me ?
If so, thank you very much, If not, no heard feeling, thanks anyway

Greetings

Prinke
Attached Files
File Type: zip Babylon_English_Dutch.zip (5.20 MB, 394 views)
Old 08-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #200
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinke View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your walktrough for converting Babylon dictionary.
Yes please .
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #201
GinaA
GinaA began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Try this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=17
Not sure if the d/l still works.

Google translate is your friend; plenty of dics round those parts, many in dsl and xpdf format that can be converted for PB use.
Thank you for the link it works on my PB360+!
GinaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 AM   #202
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
After working for 3 hours on it, I think I would appreciate some help now...

My questions:
1)
I've used the dictionary converter txt -> dic : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1
(with command prompt converter.exe file.txt en)

My source is this file (an English -> French Dictionary): http://www1.dict.cc/download/tf/cocg...6143-i7a88.zip
I put the .dic file into /system/dictionaries. But when I used this on an PDF ebook, it finds only some words !?!. There seems to be a lot of words missing from the original txt file! (Stranger than that: the original file is 545kb but the .dic file is only 5kb ... Is there a problem with my dictionaryconverter? )

EDIT: In fact, I can't see my dictionary even if I put them in the directory /system/dictionary!
I thought I did but their location is directed on my computer, not on the Pocketbook. ( Isee them like : "C:\dictionaryconverter\English_French2.dic".. .)

I've only put them under the name like "English_French2.dic", "English_French3.dic". What I am missing?
It's not enough to put them in the directory, do they need some special format?

EDIT2: Okay, I think I got it... You have to put the DictionaryConverter program directory into the /system/dictionaries directory.. Is that right? Now I can see my dictionary under the name: "G:\system\dictionaries\English_French2.dic". But I've got the same problem og words apparently missing from the original txt file ???

2) Are Abbyy Lingvo built-in dictionaries ? To verify that I put correctly my new dictionary into the pocketbook, I've deleted all the other dictionaries to leave only my English_French.dic dictionary into the directory.
Despite of that, it seems that all the ABBYY lingvo dictionaries can still be selected?? Where are these dictionaries in fact?

3) Does the stylus work for you to look for the definition of a word? In a PDF ebook, I can only select a word by going up and down with the direction buttons. When the word is right at top or bottom of the page, it's a bit cumbersome... Is the stylus working for you?

Thanks a lot!
Attached Files
File Type: txt autre2.txt (544.2 KB, 1982 views)

Last edited by Huyggy; 10-12-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #203
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Many months have passed since I used the Converter, (I was busy with my readings ) but if you are using the file you attached as source, then:
the name and its definitions must be separated by two spaces, not tabs.
try to compile the source I've attached below.

there's no need to put the program executable DictionaryConverter directly into your pocketbook, only the .dic file generated by the conversion.

As far as I understand Lingvo dictionaries are installed in system memory, so they're not removable unless they're stripped away from another firmware update, which is the exact thing occurred early this year after a firmware update and caused a revolution amidst users.

For the stylus selection, the behavior you are noticing is occurring only with pdf files or with other file formats, like .epub? I think this could be related with different books opened by different programs.

EDIT:
I've compiled in March french-english-french dictionaries, this is my post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=138
Attached Files
File Type: txt autre2notabs.txt (576.5 KB, 27108 views)

Last edited by preempalver; 10-13-2011 at 07:40 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #204
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Thanks a lot !
Your file is working perfectly! It's exactly what I wanted (and this dictionary is even better than what I found.

For the problem with the stylus: I think the program can't recognize the word because it's from a PDF. It works with an EPUB file.
I think the program can recognize the first letter of the word I've selected but not the whole word. I can see that, since with the button, when I select the word, the first letters are correct but it's not exactly the word I wanted (I have to scroll a little inside the dictionary).

(but while with the button I have at least the first letters correct, with the stylus it can't even put the cursor at the beginning of the word, since it's an unrecognized word I guess).

Last edited by Huyggy; 10-15-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #205
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
a "humane" way of buying (if you must ) dictionaries for your pocketbook is here:
https://store.obreey.com/eng/dictionaries
English interface, and a search Engine that more or less works
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #206
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
a "humane" way of buying (if you must ) dictionaries for your pocketbook is here:
Thanks, the prices look reasonable. Hopefully they'll keep expanding their wares. I could use a good Polish->English dictionary.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #207
Tvar
Tvar began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Thanks. Has anyone any experience of these? I need a good French one that works as it's supposed to, that is a dictionary that treats é like e etc. to make it easy to look up words. I downloaded a decent French dictionary somewhere but I can't click on words like énumérer in the text and end up at the right place in the dictionary, because it's treated like four different words (é + num + é + rer), and I only have the .dic file, so I can't fix it myself. But https://store.obreey.com/eng/dictionaries/30 looks nice – if it's ok. Does anyone know?

Edit: Well, I thought the price seemed reasonable enough, so I bought it, but it doesn't work either.

Edit 2: After some testing it seems like the problem is the epub format rather than the dictionary. If I convert epub > fb2 it works just fine. Maybe it has something to do with the choice of reader as well? Well, I just wanted to add that my earlier description of the dictionary wasn't entirely fair.

Last edited by Tvar; 11-13-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Tvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #208
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinke View Post

Prinke
Easy:
Fast way to get Linux
SCNR

mclien
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #209
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
The Obreey page (https://store.obreey.com/eng/dictionaries/37) says "Platform Pocketbook Pro." Does it also work on Pocketbook 301 plus? Is there an alternative for Pocketbook 301 plus?
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #210
doll00
doll00 began at the beginning.

Device: PB602
Polish dictionary

hi,

I have a problem and unfortunately I can't find any solution for it.
There are pre installed dictionaries at my PB602, also ABBYY Lingvo KD (EN-PL) which I have been using very often.
Unfortunately this dictionary offers only the basic words that's why I'm looking for the better one but I can't find any which offers translation EN to PL.

Can anybody help me where to find better dictionary or how to prepare it by myself ?

Thanks in advance
doll00 is offline   Reply With Quote