Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #61
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
Yours too, my friend! We must compare notes.
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #62
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Dr. D,

What a good humored approach to what it seems many here find annoying as all get-out and what those of us who have books to sell see as one of the few ways to Get The Word Out. Speaking for all of the authors here, may I say thanks to all here at MobileRead for your tolerance and especially your purchases.

In the spirit of this unique and innovative thread, may I take this opportunity to Shamelessly Announce A Huge Price Increase for Boomerang? Of course I may. This Friday I will be submitting a new price of (Gasp!) $4.99 to Smashwords, Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Why the three buck price hike? You'd have to ask my friends who are successful business people and who have been giving me grief ever since I priced Boomerang at ninety-nine cents and did not let up even when I upped the price to $1.99. Something about perceived value.

So, if you want to get your money's worth, wait until the price goes up. If you want to take advantage of a non-business savvy author, snag it at $1.99 before the end of the week.

Now comes the part Dr. D and a whole bunch of other folks here would probably like to see from all the writers here: I now pledge that, apart from responding to other members comments, I am henceforth done promoting my current book here on mobileread. Thanks!

Best,
Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 03-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #63
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

A completely unacceptable, shameless display of self-promotion. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #64
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

I know I'm ashamed....
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #65
davison
Working On It

As indeed you should be, although confessing your sin is the first step to rehabilitation....
Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #66
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

ahh...who am I kidding,...I have no shame!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #67
davison
Working On It

I like that....I'll repeat it to myself like a mantra.
I have no shame, I have no shame, I have no shame....feeling better....
Oh, BTW have I told you about MY NOVEL?
I have no shame...I have no shame....
Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #68
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's encouraging to know that many people here are feeling ashamed. That makes me feel better.

NOW: There's a whole lot of bargains and freebies out there, and they're not making it into this thread. Either these novels are being written by MONKEYS, or there's an AUTHOR behind them.

Which one is it going to be: Monkey or Author?

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monkey or Author.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	48181  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #69
davidhburton
Addict

I LOVE monkeys!!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #70
davidhburton
Addict

...well, except when they hurl feces at me...then I only admire them... from a distance.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #71
davidhburton
Addict

Another plug for Joe Konrath. He has a new book out. Cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/SERIAL-UNCUT-E.../dp/B003CFB4DW

Go check it out!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #72
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
ahh...who am I kidding,...I have no shame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davison View Post
I like that....I'll repeat it to myself like a mantra.
I have no shame, I have no shame, I have no shame....feeling better....
Oh, BTW have I told you about MY NOVEL?
I have no shame...I have no shame....
You two are a crack up! (for those members using google translate-- it means hilarious)

I've loaded Second Coming to my Sony and have just started it. It has already grabbed my attention and will drive me crazy, as I won't have much time to read until this weekend!

Kill & Cure is on my laptop (I don't do format conversions). I locked up my Sony one time with a pdf file, so I'll have to read it on the laptop. I did look for someplace to purchase it, but I could not find it available to USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Da-Da-Du-Da! (Fanfare)

My brilliant husband's, Tim's, first book ..... <snip> and finally he meets and marries the greatest woman alive.

Get "The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner" at Smashwords, when it eventually gets posted.

Reviews:
Fabu! Boffo! I couldn't put it down! Two thumbs up!
Bambi (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

If you buy no other book this season, make sure this is the one!
DixieGal (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

The book is great, and the wife's jewelry ain't half bad either.
Anonymous (bambiblings.blogspot.com)
Hummm, Those names and that website sound familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Be the first to download this book!
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11079
Hey, a link! Have fun DG! (I wonder if having the wife as member of MR qualifies for adding you to my list?)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #73
davidhburton
Addict

Cool! Looking forward to hearing from you once you're done!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #74
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wish I had a book to shamelessly promote on the SJB.

Oh, wait: I will have a book to shamelessly promote on the SJB, in just a few days' time!

Oh, wait again: I have <CountingOnFingers>ten... no...<CountingOnToesToo> fourteen novels, eight free short stories, a free collection of more short stories, and a Starbucks cup downloadable wrapper that I can shamelessly promote on the SJB! And I just lowered my prices to $1.99!*

Oh! I feel so much better!

(Y'know, except when I'm ashamed.)

*I know, Alan... I've heard the same spiel from my friends... and especially my wife... about perceived value. Unfortunately, there's the little matter of fame (or lack thereof) to be considered, too...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #75
davidhburton
Addict

Another one soils himself shamefully....YES!!

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo