Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
sumpa
sumpa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Using too much power?

Hello.

I do not at all get 7000 pages on one charge, more like 1000, if even that.. And it also takes power just lying around, without any pageflipping... Do i need to change some preferences, or is it malfunctioning? Do you guys actually get 7000 pageflips?

Best Regards
Erik
sumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:51 AM   #2
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
Hi sumpa I have a 505 and no ,they say 7000 but its more like in my case 2500 to 3000 page turns. seems everyone else agrees . The 7000 is more likely if you are fully charged and just keep hitting page turn one after the other continuely you might hit the said amount . But its not really a huge problem. I have a PSP adapter that I use for a charger so I can still read at the same time as charging. So as far as I can see your in the ball park the only time that uses alot of power is if you have the sound turned on.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
but its more like in my case 2500 to 3000 page turns. seems everyone else agrees . The 7000 is more likely if you are fully charged and just keep hitting page turn one after the other continuely you might hit the said amount .
I can confirm that. From my experience fast readers (reading a lot pages per day) usually can accomplish up to max. 4000 page turns and slower readers (reading some pages per day and maybe not every day) sometimes don't even accomplish 1500 pageturns. Besides reading speed it depends also on some other factors like format (ePub, LRF pre-paginated by Sonys software or not, PDF, ...), SD-Card, font size, used font, ...

Anyway only 1000 pageturns seems very few to me and i would contact Sony...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur
DanielCoffey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I got about 4000 page turns out of my first charge, and I only let the reader get down to the last full bar, so it wasn't completely empty.

If you have not already done so, I would advise letting it discharge till it is definitely low then do a long recharge. If this does not help with the number of page turns, try getting the battery replaced under warranty.
DanielCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote