Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Kobo Wifi suddenly displays Reading List backwards

My Kobo Wifi has suddenly taken to displaying the "I'm Reading" list backwards, oldest to newest (i.e. the books I read or uploaded last are at the end of the list, on the second page, instead of at the top of the list as usual). Anybody know what gives, or how to fix it?
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Hey there. I have no idea what gives, or how to fix it.

I, too, have had this same thing happen with my WiFi. It started showing up for me after the last time I synched with desktop (about a week ago).
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
My Kobo Wifi has suddenly taken to displaying the "I'm Reading" list backwards, oldest to newest (i.e. the books I read or uploaded last are at the end of the list, on the second page, instead of at the top of the list as usual). Anybody know what gives, or how to fix it?
Have you checked the date and time on your ereader and computer? If the date and time on the two devices is not the same, it could explain the results you are getting.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Stop trying to read kobo's reflection in a mirror, then it should look normal.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Stop trying to read kobo's reflection in a mirror, then it should look normal.
I never could have figured that out on my own...
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Have you checked the date and time on your ereader and computer? If the date and time on the two devices is not the same, it could explain the results you are getting.
I don't use the desktop; I sideload everything through Calibre. But I'll check anyway; can't hurt.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Hey there. I have no idea what gives, or how to fix it.

I, too, have had this same thing happen with my WiFi. It started showing up for me after the last time I synched with desktop (about a week ago).
Yeah, it's been about that long for me too. Maybe our Wifi's reached an expiry date?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Hey, whaddaya know, my time was totally off! It said it was February 20th, 2010, at 3:00 PM! And just resetting the time fixed it!! You rock.

So I think what happened was somehow the time got reset to two years ago, and everything I've uploaded or read since got marked as having been collected way earlier than the stuff from last month. So it kept last month's stuff at the top, and threw the new stuff at the bottom of the list because as far as the Kobo was concerned, it was really old.

Mystery solved, with minimal inconvenience. Yey!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Hey, whaddaya know, my time was totally off! It said it was February 20th, 2010, at 3:00 PM! And just resetting the time fixed it!! You rock.

So I think what happened was somehow the time got reset to two years ago, and everything I've uploaded or read since got marked as having been collected way earlier than the stuff from last month. So it kept last month's stuff at the top, and threw the new stuff at the bottom of the list because as far as the Kobo was concerned, it was really old.

Mystery solved, with minimal inconvenience. Yey!
Same here. Thanks.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote