Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Free Fantasy book: In Her Name:Empire by Michael R. Hicks

In Her Name:Empire by Michael R. Hicks is free for limited time (until May 9th) from author website. $0.99 at Amazon US and B&N. It comes with good reviews from both sites and from Goodreads. Enjoy!

Quote:
In the first book of an epic futuristic fantasy trilogy, this is the coming-of-age story of Reza Gard, a young boy of the Human Confederation who is swept up in the century-long war with the alien Kreelan Empire. Nightmarish female warriors with blue skin, fangs, and razor sharp talons, the Kreelans have technology that is millennia beyond that of the Confederation, yet they seek out close combat with sword and claw, fighting and dying to honor their god-like Empress. Captured and enslaved, Reza must live like his enemies in a grand experiment to see if humans have souls, and if one may be the key to unlocking an ages old curse upon the Kreelan race. Enduring the brutal conditions of Kreelan life, Reza and a young warrior named Esah-Zhurah find themselves bound together by fate and a prophecy foretold millennia before they were born.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, I snagged a copy.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
It looks promising. Thanks.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
grabbed it, thanks.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
CarlBullock
CarlBullock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
also snagged a copy, thanks =]
CarlBullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
Thanks...I plan to start it tonight.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
I'm at about the halfway point and very much enjoying this book! (DARNIT, yet ANOTHER series to buy)
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Thanks; it sound interesting!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's reviewed really well from several people and got top honours in Red Adept's 2010 Science Fiction category. This guy needs to jump on this site and do some self-promoting.

Anyway - downloaded and quite excited.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #10
The Whether Man
The Whether Man began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
Downloaded, read and thoroughly enjoyed. Bought the next two from Kobobooks, but unfortunately the next in the series is so badly formatted it's almost impossible to read. Each paragraph seems to have its own page.
The Whether Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
It is still available for free as of 5/20.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #12
kreelanwarrior
kreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with others

Whether Man - my apologies for the formatting problem for Kobo! This was an artifact of the conversion process via Smashwords. A new file (which hopefully will fix the problem) is scheduled for distro to Kobo, but hasn't gone out yet (I have no control over that, alas).

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at my site at http://authormichaelhicks.com and let me know which books you purchased, and I'll be happy to email you updated ePub files. :-)

Also, just FYI, IN HER NAME: EMPIRE is currently free in both the U.S. Kindle store and on Smashwords.com, so please feel free to let folks know if you like!

Cheers,
Michael R. Hicks
kreelanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreelanwarrior View Post
Whether Man - my apologies for the formatting problem for Kobo! This was an artifact of the conversion process via Smashwords. A new file (which hopefully will fix the problem) is scheduled for distro to Kobo, but hasn't gone out yet (I have no control over that, alas).

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at my site at http://authormichaelhicks.com and let me know which books you purchased, and I'll be happy to email you updated ePub files. :-)

Also, just FYI, IN HER NAME: EMPIRE is currently free in both the U.S. Kindle store and on Smashwords.com, so please feel free to let folks know if you like!

Cheers,
Michael R. Hicks

I read all five books from the series and they are wonderful, and a highly recommended read!

I got them from Kobo (except for the last one - Legend of the Sword). However, Confederation and First Contact were very bad formatted. Each paragraph was on a separate page, and the chapter numbers were missing randomly. As an example, I had chapter one, three, seven, and eleven through the last one. They are very good books so it was worth spending several hours on Sigil, fixing the formating, but I still don't know were the chapters are starting/ending. The other two books were formatted nicely.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
kreelanwarrior
kreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with otherskreelanwarrior plays well with others

Little_Bear -

Glad you liked the books, and I again apologize for the formatting problems! I checked the status for Kobo, and the updated files are still slated to "ship," but there's no estimated date when they'll go live. Ah, the joys of living digital!

Cheers,
Mike
kreelanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Missed this before but the reviews are so good I thought I'd try it. Thanks.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote