Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Karma to SFF this "b" version rocks
I prefer 25%, btw, that doesn't give you wrist cramps but it's enough so that you don't turn pages inadvertently!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiFan View Post
I didn't change anything in the handling of these formats from the sources provided by PocketBook. Two questions:
1. What does the configuration of fbreader show for the hyphenation language for these files? It should show e.g. "auto (en)" if it detects English.
2. Can you send me (e.g. by board mail) a sample file which causes this problem? I don't have such problems with any of my files...
A moot point now, the "b" release performs perfectly.

The Hyphenation setting I use is Hyphenation off.
The files were mostly Baen DRM-free commercial files and a few from Calibre. Plus a couple of private DOCs.

I'm quite happy now.
Now, if only the boys in Kiev would add a setting to make FBReader the default for ePub instead of ADE...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 AM   #18
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Now, if only the boys in Kiev would add a setting to make FBReader the default for ePub instead of ADE...
I second that
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:41 AM   #19
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Thanks SciFiFan for the new c version. This is awesome
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Vewrsion d now in the top post!

Changes: It's now possible to configure the way you want to turn your page!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #21
peroperic
peroperic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Alright, some help needed here!

For the life of me I cannot make the pages turn by flicking the PB. I tried setting it at 20% and 70% and whatever I do the page never turns.
peroperic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #22
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroperic View Post
Alright, some help needed here!

For the life of me I cannot make the pages turn by flicking the PB. I tried setting it at 20% and 70% and whatever I do the page never turns.
Have you been to Main Menu / Settings / Appearance and changed the screen orientation to auto?

Open up your book in fbreader and the config menu change rotate to one of the 180+ settings and go back to your book. It should now work.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #23
peroperic
peroperic began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Have you been to Main Menu / Settings / Appearance and changed the screen orientation to auto?
It came with "auto" and I never changed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Open up your book in fbreader and the config menu change rotate to one of the 180+ settings and go back to your book. It should now work.
And indeed it does!
I seriously don't understand this, I tried every one of those settings and not one of them worked. Now they all work.
I can only attribute this to the unit getting "confused" of sorts, I just got it so I keep plugging/unplugging it.

In any case, thank you kind Sir!
peroperic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroperic View Post
It came with "auto" and I never changed it...

And indeed it does!
I seriously don't understand this, I tried every one of those settings and not one of them worked. Now they all work.
I can only attribute this to the unit getting "confused" of sorts, I just got it so I keep plugging/unplugging it.

In any case, thank you kind Sir!
At least you got it working, that's the main thing. I find mine sometimes gets "confused" when the battery is getting low! I find it quite endearing as I often get confused as well
Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #25
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
The additions are nice but what I love is that the newer versions of fbreader make text so much nicer to read.

With the old Pocketbook version I had a block of text. With the new version I have paragraphs!
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #26
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
The additions are nice but what I love is that the newer versions of fbreader make text so much nicer to read.

With the old Pocketbook version I had a block of text. With the new version I have paragraphs!
Yes I'll admit I enjoy having the breaks before new chapters.

I can't stand reading epubs with the adobe software because of those very annoying page numbers down the side - eugh, way too irritating. FBReader rocks
Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #27
FunGous
FunGous doesn't litterFunGous doesn't litter

hi guys !

new version 0.6 with many nice features
http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-po...76_fbreader180

enjoy
FunGous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 AM   #28
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
The new version 0.6 brings LOTS of interesting features.
I can't wait to load it up. Can't wait to get home and try it out.
[jumping impatiently up and down]
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #29
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Holy $DEITY!

I have just loaded the new FBReader 0.6
Holy $DEITY! This is unbelievable.

This is what you get when you make your device open and very talented hackers and tinkerers can improve the system instead of trying to break into the system to make smallest changes.

The config menu is on two pages now.
You can set Font change step from 1 to 10
You can set Hyphenations for many, MANY languages
You can set Hyphenations minimum word length
form 3 to 10
You can set Space adjustment limit to Off or 10 to 50% with step 10
You can set page turns by use of Accelerometer, set style and tilt angle
You can set page invert to black, either to off, or to number of pages without invert
You can Disable status, show info instead
You can Re-enable non-TTF fonts
and last but not least
You can edit styles for FB2 documents, so you can fine tune all 37 built in styles. You can save your styles configuration under a name and load it later. For particular style, like Regular paragraph you can set font, base font, vertical displacement, hyphenation, space after, space before, left indent, right indent, first line indent, text alignment, line spacing and other interesting things. It even imported my hand-tweaked styles.xml You do not have to connect the reader to your PC and edit styles.xml to change the way your documents are displayed in FBReader.

I have got some questions.
What fonts besides TTF I can use now?
What does the Re-enable non-TTF fonts option do?
How exactly the Disable status, show info instead option works? What does it mean that I can select 3 to 10 seconds?

Last edited by kacir; 02-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #30
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Holy macaroni, go pocketbook!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote