Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 05:01 AM   #1
morglbltrio
Member Retired
morglbltrio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry Bookeen and Cybook Opus

Hi

I have ordered a Cybook Opus on Bookeen's web site last week. Almost one week has passed and I have no news about my order.

Of course they are not answering my emails and the order has not yet been sent.

Did some of you order a Cybook Opus last week? If yes, did you receive it?

Thanks
morglbltrio
morglbltrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Did you received the confirmation e-mail ? Check your spambox, just in case. Bookeen's website should display your order too.
I would suggest you phone bookeen.
Number is +33 1 45 65 42 56.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 08-18-2009 at 05:14 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
bjornkeizers
bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
That sucks. I feel your pain.

That's *exactly* why I didn't order from them. They simply aren't communicating properly. I'm waiting for retailers to get stock, but sadly they're waiting as well.

In all fairness, Bookeen probably can't handle all the orders. They had problems keeping Cybook G3's in stock after all... and those had been out for ages!

Dealing with Bookeen is a waiting game.
bjornkeizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
morglbltrio
Member Retired

Thanks for your support guys.

I have called and somebody answered that the guy who handles orders is not there. I have to recall at 3pm.

I let you know if my story gets any better.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In fairness, Bookeen generally handle the ordering process very smoothly. Have you logged onto your account at Bookeen to make sure that your order is there?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
morglbltrio
Member Retired

Yes my iorder is there and I still have the confirmation email I received when ordering the Opus last week.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
I don't mean to bash on Bookeen, but they've come to a point where their (non)action just isn't comprehensible.

They're a small team, okay. They need time to finish the firmeware update(s), okay. They don't even find the time to answer all the mail requests, okay.

But they should be caple of processing all incoming orders. This is their key business. That's how the'y re supposed to make money.

A friend of mine ordered the Opus weeks ago at bol.de. He didn't get it until now, because bol.de didn't receive their stock either. How does Bookeen expect to sell their new core product if they don't ship it?

Sure, it's holiday season in France, and some employees may be away. But then I'd simply not release a new device right now, my!
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW, I got my Opus within 3 days of ordering it.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
morglbltrio
Member Retired

I just called them once again.
It seems that the Opus was sent yesterday.

The thing is that I didn't get any message with the tracking number.

Maybe I'll get it tonight or tomorrow.

Though I still don't understand why they're not replying to emails...
Old 08-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's FedEx who send you an e-mail when it ships, not Bookeen. Were Bookeen able to give you the FedEx tracking number?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
morglbltrio
Member Retired

I'm in France. So it's not FedEx but La Poste.

So Bookeen should have sent me the tracking number. That's what they did after I requested it.

I just got it. The guy even asked me my email!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent news!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by morglbltrio View Post
I'm in France. So it's not FedEx but La Poste.

So Bookeen should have sent me the tracking number. That's what they did after I requested it.

I just got it. The guy even asked me my email!
Yes, bookeen should send you a mail then. (did for me). Don't worry if collissimo's website shows noting.
And check your mailbox, the opus DO fit in it.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
morglbltrio
Member Retired

Yeah that's great news!

HarryT, EowynCarter,
are you happy with the device? How is the reading compared to the small size of the screen in term of page turning?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by morglbltrio View Post
I just called them once again.
It seems that the Opus was sent yesterday.

The thing is that I didn't get any message with the tracking number.

Maybe I'll get it tonight or tomorrow.

Though I still don't understand why they're not replying to emails...
I ordered from France too yesterday, and being an expat I really need it delivered by the end of the week so I called them today to make sure they received the order and had it on stock. They were a bit surprised at the fuss I suppose, but I just received the shipping confirmation mail (also Colissimo of course) so I suppose it worked.

Would you be so nice as to post when you receive yours?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote