Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
did you also follow the convertLIT readme to create your keys.txt file?
Bob, what do you mean by this. I use convert lit but the only way it will work for me is to extract the contents, then I can access the HTML file and convert this to RTF.
If you can explode the LIT file (extract its contents) then you already have the keys.txt file. There should be no need to convert manually to RTF. Calibre will convert a (DRM-free) LIT file for the Sony, and Mobiperl can do the same for MOBI. For MOBI I prefer exploding the ebook and then using MobiPocket Reader/Creator, or the command-line mobigen, on the .opf file (not the HTML) to make the MOBI ebook. For Calibre (and mobiperl) , there is no need to explode the LIT - just use the downconvert option to strip the DRM and then use Calibre on the DRM-free LIT file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #17
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
It's not in my documents, my library, or my ebooks folders.
Try "My Documents\My Library". If that does not work search for ".lit" in the filename.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #18
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Search by *.lit in the full C drive, you will get all the lit files you have there.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
Bob, what do you mean by this. I use convert lit but the only way it will work for me is to extract the contents, then I can access the HTML file and convert this to RTF. This works well enough, but I am finding some files contain multiple HTML files for each chapter and I am not prepared to spend the time compiling these into a readable book.
You are "exploding" the lit file which breaks it up into the OEB type book with a bunch of files. You need to "downconvert" which will leave you with a LIT file that has the DRM removed.

As I said, run clit at the command line with no parameters and it will give you the correct parameters to downconvert your lit file.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:19 AM   #20
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Thank you Bob and Wallcraft, all is now working absolutely perfectly. I simply wasn't using the program properly.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #21
stxopher
Nameless Being

Don't feel bad. Most of us had the same problem figuring this game out. Once you get used to the tools you end up using you'll find it an easy second nature. Right now a lot of that stuff just seems confusing but you'll catch on quick.

And if you don't, eh, no biggie. Someone around here will be more than willing to help. There's a lot of obstacles on the road to ereading happiness but thankfully there are a lot of Mobileread rangers to show the way. (Ummm, but don't ask to see any of their arrows....)