Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #31
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
diabloNL i still need a hack to flip pages faster in book list section, i posted 3 possibilities in your direct page thread if you haven't seen it, since you are most familiar with the code the hope is on you
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #32
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
diabloNL i still need a hack to flip pages faster in book list section, i posted 3 possibilities in your direct page thread if you haven't seen it, since you are most familiar with the code the hope is on you
You are the expert here! It was already on my list to make it available in the menu's, history, TOC and book index. Can you tell me which number hack you are currently using so I can implement it?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #33
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

New hack added to the list:

Hack includes: Joystick (right and left) page flip. Selectable up and down function for joystick to switch between link and history function. Clock in status bar.
Lose function: Landscape mode inside book.
File: main.xml and applicationStart.xml
Hack by: diabloNL (joystick) Shade (clock)
Download file: 17.zip
Comments: This hack has both the main.xml and applicationStart.xml file. So all your current hacks will be replaced with this one. Inside a book the default will be link navigation with the joystick up and down (the letter "L" will be showed next to the page count). To select history mode hold the size button for a few seconds until the message "History nav. is on." appears in the status bar. After the first page flip the message will disappear and it will show the letter "H" to indicate it's in history mode. To go back hold the size button.

Last edited by diabloNL; 08-15-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #34
ns66
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
You are the expert here! It was already on my list to make it available in the menu's, history, TOC and book index. Can you tell me which number hack you are currently using so I can implement it?
nah you are the expert , what i want is joystick for page flip, hold +/- volumn 5 sec for history, and clock, and add the direct page control for finding book. don't worry, even just have direct page control i could merge with other hacks i need (add some comments in code could help)

thx
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #35
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
nah you are the expert , what i want is joystick for page flip, hold +/- volumn 5 sec for history, and clock, and add the direct page control for finding book. don't worry, even just have direct page control i could merge with other hacks i need (add some comments in code could help)

thx
I will get you your file(s) ASAP. First I need to fix the history bug and then I will create your file.

In some hacks I added comments in other not. The last one is with comments. The reason is that I didn't know if it was a good thing to add the comments. Maybe you know what you are doing but I was afraid people would try to modify the hack and maybe brick their reader. So I thought by not adding the comments people would not try unless they know what they are doing. But I think it's indeed better to add. For the existing files I will not add it anymore because that would mean I have to test every single one of them because even with comments you can make a typo and brick the reader. But from now on I will add comments.
Advert
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has the go to specific page and have it logged to history been fixed? If so, has this been added to all the hacks that have this function? I just want to know if I reflash, I'll et all the latest stuff that I want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #37
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has the go to specific page and have it logged to history been fixed? If so, has this been added to all the hacks that have this function? I just want to know if I reflash, I'll et all the latest stuff that I want.
No, it still has the bug. I will post when I replaced all files affected.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #38
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
would be nice if these permutations could just be created with a tool where you decide which options you'd like.

also, you should bundle the entire igorsk stack to make using these hack easier and more accessible. i.e., so people don't have to figure this part out themselves.

btw, you should also include the white-on-black contrast switcher.

Quote:
In some hacks I added comments in other not. The last one is with comments. The reason is that I didn't know if it was a good thing to add the comments. Maybe you know what you are doing but I was afraid people would try to modify the hack and maybe brick their reader. So I thought by not adding the comments people would not try unless they know what they are doing.
that's f***ed up thinking. i'm glad you changed your mind.

Last edited by alex_d; 08-16-2007 at 11:31 AM.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I like the idea of a tool to build it on the fly, perhaps a bit complicated to do, but I like the idea.

The only difficulty I see with bundling them all, is that some of them conflict with others ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #40
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_d View Post
would be nice if these permutations could just be created with a tool where you decide which options you'd like.

also, you should bundle the entire igorsk stack to make using these hack easier and more accessible. i.e., so people don't have to figure this part out themselves.

btw, you should also include the white-on-black contrast switcher.

that's f***ed up thinking. i'm glad you changed your mind.
I can't provide the whole stack because I don't know what combination people are going to use between main.xml and applicationStart.xml.

I know now I should have put comments (and some they have) but I saw that the clock also didn't have any comments and that made me think of if it would be good or not to add. Now I know people want to mess around with it them selfs so I will use it from now on (I'm only human).

I was thinking of making a VB application that lets the user choose every single hack he wants to include. The problem is that the number of possible combinations is too big for me to try every single one of them to make sure they don't brick the Reader and that is a little bit too much work.

Last edited by diabloNL; 08-16-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #41
ns66
Connoisseur

i think so, it's impossible to have all the permutations, diablo you did a good job don't kill yourself over this , as a coder myself i know what a pita it's to have different blocks of code for different requirements
when you get time post a book list direct page hack and i would figure out the rest, thx
Old 08-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #42
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
i think so, it's impossible to have all the permutations, diablo you did a good job don't kill yourself over this , as a coder myself i know what a pita it's to have different blocks of code for different requirements
when you get time post a book list direct page hack and i would figure out the rest, thx

Thanks! I will make the complete requested hack tonight.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #43
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I found a small bug with the direct page control and basically all hacks that work with the setPage() function. The bug is that pages flipped through this function don't get logged into history. So let's say you flip from page 1 to 2 and then use the direct page control to jump to page 10 then it will not record page 10 into history. I need to find out if this can be solved or not.

All files that contained this bug are updated and history should work with the direct page control hack. The files that were affected are: 6.zip, 7.zip, 8.zip, 9.zip and 16.zip.

Only one thing I didn't find a solution for yet and to be honest I think maybe there is no solution because of the way the Reader works. If you type "1" and use the direct page function it will go to page 2. For the rest all should work. So it is either no history function with direct page control or no page 1 and I think the last option is best.

Thanks to NatCh to come up with the solution!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #44
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:

thx

I have added your file to the list it's number 18. To get what you want you need to use it together with number 5. The direct page control in the menu's don't have that history fix so you can go to page one with the direct page control function. Like I said in the direct page topic you now have to navigate the menu's, TOC, books, bookmarks and history with the joystick up and down.

Have fun! Let me know how it works for you.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #45
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Thank YOU for doing the hard stuff!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote