Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
s52d
iztok
s52d began at the beginning.

Device: lbook
Cool reader with slavic letters

Hi!

I've been flashing a lot: lbook versions are nice, but I could not
get slavic letters (slovenian/croat/srbian) in html files.
Coding is windows-1250 and Latin-2.

On the end I took latest jinke SW. Some letters were shown,
after I selected Slovenian language, it is all OK.

So, it seems to me in Ukrainian SW they overlooked us, it might be just some
table or variable?

It might be known story, but I've been searching forums and wiki for a while with no hit.

73 Iztok
s52d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
I tried the printversion of this page:
http://www.srbija.gov.rs/vesti/vest.php?id=126721

and it showed OK. The file name looked inapropriate, but the file opened without problems and the text was identical to the text in Firefox. Maybe you should check if the font you use is OK? I use the FreeSerif font.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
s52d
iztok
s52d began at the beginning.

Device: lbook
Sorry, I';ve been talking about latinic (latin-2, Win-1250).

with default fonts, I just tried
V3update-uk-2.22-20091030.rar
V3update.2.20EN.091124.rar
lbook_v3_cr3w_dj_20100107.zip

BR
Iztok
s52d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Hve you tried to add a font of your own? One that supprts all the characters you need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinke_Website_Help_Page
7. How to change font library?
A:First you should create a directory "fonts" on SD card root diectory. Copy your font library(*.ttf) to this directory ("SD://fonts").And insert SD card to V3.
Step 1.Enter bookshelf.
Step 2.Press "OK button" and pop-up menu will be shown.
Step 3.Select the "Settings" option,then enter the system settings interface.
Step 4.Press "Number3 button", enter to font replacement interface.
Step 5.according to figures corresponding button to select font. (Make sure the fonts library is suitable)
Step 6.If you do not like your own font library, you can restore system default font library by the same way.
Works with LBook firmware too (tested), and probably most of the others.

You could also try the TripleBoot firmware. Has a lot of default fonts.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Alsto try the UTF-8 encoding.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
slavic coolreader hanlin