Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
rosshalde
Zealot
rosshalde began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Can I prevent Nook from auto top margin

Hello,

I am creating epub files using Sigil.
I have set things up to have no extra margins.
Kobo respects this and does not put any top margin at the beginning of a new chapter. Nook on the other hand is automatically supplying a top margin. This is a problem because sometimes the first thing at the beginning of a chapter is a picture and if there is a top margin, the pic will either not fit or will be smaller than I want. I can click the button (publisher default) on the Nook and that fixes the problem, but is there a way for me to code things so that the Nook will respect the NO TOP MARGIN idea.

I am new at this, so any help is greatly appreciated.
rosshalde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:00 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe the problem is simply that the Nook has its own idea of how everything should look, and it simply ignores everything you say until you insist on publisher defaults.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert