Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #106
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I will check them out.
I'm a fan of Karen Robards early historicals. Some are even in ebook now. There is a Goodreads group called. Bodice Ripper Anonymous that shelves have pretty much every true Bodice Ripper you can think of.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #107
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm a fan of Karen Robards early historicals. Some are even in ebook now. There is a Goodreads group called. Bodice Ripper Anonymous that shelves have pretty much every true Bodice Ripper you can think of.
Lol I will have to check that out too.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #108
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speaking of Bodice Rippers!

$0.99

Deceive Not My Heart by Shirlee Busbee
(The Louisiana Ladies Series, Book 1)
Avon 1984
Note: Love her books!

Original Blurb:

Quote:
HER FURY PROMISED VENGEANCE

Leonie's only interest in the despicable cad she had been forced to marry was the return of her dowry. She had not seen her husband in five years, and now Morgan Slade angrily denied there had ever been a marriage.

HER PASSION PROMISED LOVE

But in the cool shadows of the enchanting forest that surround Morgan Slade's elegant southern plantation, the fury of her hatred yields to the fierce hunger of unquenched longing. In the powerful arms of the dark and handsome husband she thought she despised, Leonie trembles with the sweet agony of awakened desire and helplessly surrenders to the wild, intoxicating ecstasy of blazing passion. And together they abandon themselves to the exquisite pleasure of the love their hearts cannot escape.
$1.99

Midnight Masquerade by Shirlee Busbee
(The Louisiana Ladies Series, Book 2)
Avon 1988

$2.99
Love Be Mine by Shirlee Busbee
(The Louisiana Ladies Series, Book 3)
Avon 1998
Note: I don't think this will be a true Bodice Ripper it's been written too late to be counted as one.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-05-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #109
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
When you all say you have separate libraries, are you talking about Calibre? Do you mean completely separate libraries or virtual libraries? I keep playing with my Calibre libraries and wonder what other people do. Thanks!
Coming in Late to this discussion. But, since I have been trying to update my calibre and Goodreads Library this past week I thought I might share. I have at this time 4 calibre libraries:

Audible: a empty format library to keep up with my audible account
Nook: a liberated library of all my books on my nook
Amazon: another liberated library of all my Kindle for PC books
Kitty's Library: a backup of all my other e-books not part of the other 3

I have finished for the week on my nook library in Goodreads and calibre. I use the virtual libraries to match my shelves that I have put on my nook. For the nook I have my books separated into 80 different shelves. I am about halfway done adding my audible library into Goodreads. Then I need to start on my Kindle Library. That is going to take alot of time since it is at about 4500+ books

And so you all can see: Goodreads Profile

I think I was a librarian in a past life.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #110
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Here are the books I bought this week. The top row were brought today.

I read last week:

Home For Christmas by Patricia Potter (4.5 Stars)
I love this book! I just wish it wasn't full of OCR errors. If you can overlook the errors which are many than read this book!

Better Watch Out by Dani Sinclair (3 stars) It was a okay book. Very predictable but it kept me reading till the end to see how the author was going to tie it all together.

I am reading:

One Christmas Knight by Kathleen Creighton. If I hadn't got a migraine this morning I would have stay up all night reading it. Hero is a truck driver and for once the author got it right! For those of you I may have mention once or twice that my brother is one and I had a uncle that was one for many years. So I am so enjoying this book. The heroine is older and very pregnant and on her way to her parents when they meet. I wont give away the rest but I am loving this book so far.

I've been NetFlix binging on the show Haven. Something I never do but this series has got me enthralled. I can't stop watching!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookswk1-Jan-2014.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	117634  
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #111
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've been NetFlix binging on the show Haven. Something I never do but this series has got me enthralled. I can't stop watching!
I like that show quite a bit. Haven't watched the current season yet, but I've got it on my DVR waiting.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #112
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I like that show quite a bit. Haven't watched the current season yet, but I've got it on my DVR waiting.
Me too! Love Duke and Nathan
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:09 AM   #113
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm on Season 2 and the main storyline is just starting to take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Me too! Love Duke and Nathan
Same here! Normally there is just one guy I take a liking too on a show but I like them both equally. Audrey is cool too.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #114
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for all your answers about how you arrange Calibre. I have 4 libraries - Audiobooks, Romance, Romance freebies, and Other. I asked how other people arranged their libraries because I oftentimes find myself switching between them and it can be cumbersome. For example, I may have a freebie in a series in one library, and the next I bought in that series in the other library. I am not sure I want to combine the libaries, though, because due to one-clicking (!) I have a fair amount of junk in my freebie folder that I don't care about. Maybe I'll just transfer select freebies to the main library.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #115
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Before you click check price, this looks geo-restricted to USA only!
$.99 Kristen Ashley Mystery Man

And this one just sounds unique for $.99
Intractable Souls by Tricia Daniels
blurb: It’s been years since brilliant IT consultant Olivia James, fell for a man who had a deeply hidden compulsion to violence and control. Left healing physically and emotionally, she became a shadow of the confident woman she used to be. That is, until she meets Ethan O’Connell, a man who makes her burn with a powerful desire. Haunted by fear and insecurity, she desperately tries to resist him, doing all the right things to protect her heart, but she is betrayed by her desires and her attraction to confident men. With stubborn perseverance, he ignores her attempts to push him away, leaving her wanting, desiring his love, needing it to feel alive and whole.

Ethan O’Connell is extremely successful in his businesses, with a seriously sexy Irish accent and a lethal kind of flare and charm. More than any one man should ever possess. Ethan knew, from the very first moment that he saw her that she is meant to be his. Used to getting the things he wants, he is determined to have her and struggles to control his Irish temper, the reason for his own troubled past. Olivia James is the woman that makes him want more, the kind of girl that would make any man think about forever. Afraid that he can’t live without her and unwilling to lose her, he hides his secrets and ignores his dark desires and fantasies of control.

Eccentric Psychic, Eva Storm is drawn to the energy around them. She knows that they are soul mates bound by past lives and helps the universe steer them together. Ethan is hesitant to believe at first, but there are things he can’t ignore. Things he couldn’t possibly know, but does. Neither of them can deny the dreams and memories that they both share, but Olivia is too afraid to believe and not willing to trust her heart.

Convinced that she is “THE ONLY ONE” for him, Ethan refuses to walk away, vowing that he will never give up on her, even if it means he has to fight hard enough for both of them. Can he control his temper and his needs in order to keep her in his life? Can she heal her past wounds and let him in? Like no other woman in his life, Olivia challenges him with her strong will and sharp sense of humor, making him wonder if she could ever become a willing captive of his dominance. Ethan hopes with all his heart that she will become equally addicted to his love, and a sneaky suspicion that falling in love with Olivia James is about to bring on a shift in the balance of power in his world.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #116
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Thanks for all your answers about how you arrange Calibre. I have 4 libraries - Audiobooks, Romance, Romance freebies, and Other. I asked how other people arranged their libraries because I oftentimes find myself switching between them and it can be cumbersome. For example, I may have a freebie in a series in one library, and the next I bought in that series in the other library. I am not sure I want to combine the libaries, though, because due to one-clicking (!) I have a fair amount of junk in my freebie folder that I don't care about. Maybe I'll just transfer select freebies to the main library.
I'm fascinated by how everyone organises and stores their eBooks! I keep one Calibre library with all the books in it - I use tags and custom columns to sort, and only delete if it's a DNF or a freebie I shouldn't have 1-clicked. I have under 2500 eBooks though so maybe it's a volume thing?

I'm curious what those who have separate libraries do if a series has freebies and paid in it? Or how you keep track if you only have later books in a series but still need the first ones? I use Goodreads a lot, but live in fear of loosing all my data should it ever disappear!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #117
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I'm fascinated by how everyone organises and stores their eBooks! I keep one Calibre library with all the books in it - I use tags and custom columns to sort, and only delete if it's a DNF or a freebie I shouldn't have 1-clicked. I have under 2500 eBooks though so maybe it's a volume thing?

I'm curious what those who have separate libraries do if a series has freebies and paid in it? Or how you keep track if you only have later books in a series but still need the first ones? I use Goodreads a lot, but live in fear of loosing all my data should it ever disappear!
I have over 6000 books in my main library. All my freebies are tagged with 'F'. I use many different tags to keep track of my library. ie 0= high up in TBR pile. I also keep track of books I read with tags, ie 14Read = a book I read in 2014, 13Read in 2013. etc. I'd be SO lost without Calibre!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #118
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:

I have a list in Word of all the books I need to buy. I also have Word documents by author of all my books I own labeled with the format (paperback, hardcover, and/or digital). If I am missing a book, it is still on the author's Word page, but I highlight in yellow (if a book is pre-ordered I highlight it green). The Word documents contain book title, original publication date, and series info in addition to what format. I used to keep all of my books on index cards by authors, but moved over to Word in the mid-90s. Not sure if I was just starting out if I would do it all the same way, but it's a system I have had in place for years so it works for me. These Word lists are in Dropbox so I access them from my phone, tablet, etc. if needed.

I thought about creating a blank library in Calibre of all my print books, but it would be such a huge task to tackle. Even though I got rid of about half my books when I moved, I still have a lot (1000ish). And since I have the information in Word ultimately be just duplicate info (albeit with pretty covers )

I don't keep track if a book was free or how much I paid for it. If I was going to that, I think a custom column would be what I would do.

Last edited by library addict; 01-06-2014 at 01:13 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #119
Blue2u
Wizard

I know some of us have purchased this author before. Great deal for 4 books , supposed to be rockstar books and they're all rated over 4 at GR.

$1. The Seaside Series by Rachel Van Dyken
Old 01-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #120
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

I keep a wish list of books I need to buy on Amazon. Freebies are in two libraries. One for Amazon and One for Everywhere else.