Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #76
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
It's so interesting how people keep their libraries organized! I'm a huge snoop for things like that, so I'm loving this discussion.

I mostly just use my virtual libraries to keep my freebies separated from the books I bought, as my focus is to read the ones I purchased before I read the free ones (kinda). Here they are:

Bought (All) - both unread and read bought books
Fanfiction
Public Domain - actually I don't know why this is a separate virtual library. I suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Read (All) - both freebies and bought books
TBR (All) - unread freebies and bought books
TBR (Bought) - unread bought books

I use custom columns to keep track of whether I read something or not, as per Dear Author's post on how to add that sort of thing.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

On A Night Like This (Callaways #1) by Barbara Freethy

Quote:

From #1 NY Times Bestselling Author, Barbara Freethy, comes a romantic new contemporary series about the Callaways, a big, blended Irish family born to serve and protect. 

The second oldest of the Callaway clan, Aiden Callaway veered from the family tradition of urban firefighting and became a smokejumper, never questioning his choice until the job took the life of his friend, Kyle, and left Aiden with injuries and fractured memories. Everyone blames Aiden for what happened, but he doesn't remember, nor is he sure he wants to remember. The truth may clear Aiden of blame but destroy Kyle's reputation and hurt the people he left behind. 

Aiden seeks help from an unlikely ally ... 

Sara had always been untouchable, sweet, innocent, his sister's best friend, and the girl next door. But one reckless night in their youth took their relationship to a new level. Sara has never forgiven or forgotten the way Aiden brought it crashing down, but she's no longer that girl with the crazy crush. She's a woman in search of her own truth.

The sparks between Aiden and Sara have been smoldering for a very long time. Sara is afraid to take another chance on a man who broke her heart, and Aiden knows better than anyone how dangerous an intense fire can be.

As teenagers they weren't ready for each other. Are they ready now?

** ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS is the first book in an eight book connected contemporary romance series featuring the intriguing Callaway family. Love, mystery, adventure -- the Callaways have it all!

Also Available:
SO THIS IS LOVE (Callaways #2)
FALLING FOR A STRANGER (Callaways #3)
BETWEEN NOW AND FOREVER (Callaways #4) Coming October 24, 201
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #78
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
When you all say you have separate libraries, are you talking about Calibre? Do you mean completely separate libraries or virtual libraries? I keep playing with my Calibre libraries and wonder what other people do. Thanks!

Totally separate libraries. Virtual ones are not very useful to me.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #79
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Totally separate libraries. Virtual ones are not very useful to me.
I use virtual libraries to separate genres but that's pretty much it.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #80
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Ok, I finally got a Kobo account and got one book in it I would like to put into Calibre. My problem is I have no idea where it is on my computer. I tried a search for it but it didn't come up. Any suggestions?
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Ok, I finally got a Kobo account and got one book in it I would like to put into Calibre. My problem is I have no idea where it is on my computer. I tried a search for it but it didn't come up. Any suggestions?
Documents\My Digital Editions
If it has DRM on it If not then it could be where you last saved to on your browser.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #82
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
DailyCheapReads (google for link). They always post the inspirationals. I sometime catch them and sometimes I miss them but it's a good blog to bookmark if you like to read inspirational books.
Thanks Blossom!
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #83
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Blossom, but still can't find it. I'll keep looking. I don't even have a My Digital Editions on my computer. I thought I did. Must have been before my computer died and I started using my daughter's. I lost most of my books back then.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #84
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks, Blossom, but still can't find it. I'll keep looking. I don't even have a My Digital Editions on my computer. I thought I did. Must have been before my computer died and I started using my daughter's. I lost most of my books back then.
It may have downloaded as a ASCM file then, do a search for that. That file will need Adobe Digital Editions to download the epub book.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #85
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Did you use Adobe Digital Editions to download it or Kobo's software?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #86
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The file probably downloaded into the default directory folder where your browser saves downloaded files. In most browsers if you press CTRL+J you can see what's recently downloaded, and you can usually click on the file to open, or right click to open the folder it's in, etc. YMMV depending on the browser.
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #87
mrscoach
Guru

AnemicOak, I used the Kobo app for PC.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #88
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
AnemicOak, I used the Kobo app for PC.
Then you downloaded a kePub, not an ePub. I'm not sure where it stores those, but there is a thread in the Kobo forum that discusses removing DRM from kePub's which probably mentions it.

What I would do is go to the Kobo website and download the ePub version (assuming there is one) from your library there. If it's a DRM'd ePub you'll need ADE installed (or Sony's desktop software) to do the download.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #89
mrscoach
Guru

I got it! I know I used to have ADE installed, but it evidently got deleted (or I was thinking of MY old laptop) and once I did that I had no trouble finding the book and moving it.

Thank you everyone.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #90
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Sorry to butt in on this thread but can any of you ladies recommend any good old bodice rippers worth reading.

I have been reading all my straight laced chaste regency books lately and want something with a bit of flair.

I love a good old bodice ripper.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote