Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #1576
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Here is the file.
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/so...rmware&r=1.1.3

You can see where it is located in the path. (/opt... )
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #1577
Scrivartha
Scrivartha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Here is the file.
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/so...rmware&r=1.1.3

You can see where it is located in the path. (/opt... )
Ok so it's located in
"hg/ 505/ opt/ sony/ ebook/ application/ resources/ applicationStart.xml"

I do not have an equivalent folder showing on my reader. Show hidden files and folders is checked. I think I am missing something, but maybe this is simply an issue with my limited technical knowledge. I had assumed I could just browse to this file and edit it... is that not the case?
Scrivartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #1578
Scrivartha
Scrivartha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivartha View Post
Ok so it's located in
"hg/ 505/ opt/ sony/ ebook/ application/ resources/ applicationStart.xml"

I do not have an equivalent folder showing on my reader. Show hidden files and folders is checked. I think I am missing something, but maybe this is simply an issue with my limited technical knowledge. I had assumed I could just browse to this file and edit it... is that not the case?
Sorry, I think I have it ALMOST figured out, and I really appreciate your help. I am using Igorsk Universal Flasher and have edited applicationStart.xml under files.505.1.2.00.18050/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources, but cannot seem to get it to push that file to the update on the reader itself, and now I think I may have the reader bricked again - it reads: "FIrmware update did not complete successfully, please try again"

Any suggestions? When I poped in the SD card it read it, and took me to the menu, but I could not get it to update the file in question...

AUGH! And now no matter what I try - resetting it, turning it on and off, ejecting it, I get that error and it will not let me back in to try again! I may have just ruined my reader...

Last edited by Scrivartha; 02-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Scrivartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #1579
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
@Scrivartha,
if you havn't figured out already, you will find a 505 ist practically unbrickable.
Get the special updater by porkupan/boroda form
here and run it. If needed see additional instructions here or check the WIKI pages for unbricking.

For your problem there are 3 solutions
  1. Use igorsk universal flasher. (version 1.1.00.18040 after reflash with updater mentioned above), but doublecheck your XML file for syntax!
  2. go thru the steps to build a custom prs+ installer, but doublecheck your XML file for syntax!
  3. install unmodified prs+ and use prsp.sh to mount --bind your modified applicationStart.xml (method is described in post #1563 for fonts but will work with *.XML, too

Last edited by Mark Nord; 02-04-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #1580
luckycharms
Connoisseur
luckycharms began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-650, iPad 1, iPhone 4S
what do you like about prs+?

Hi Folks,

I'm a huge fan of alternative firmwares in general (dd-wrt, etc). I recently got a prs-600, and while i'm looking into installing prs+, i'm trying to figure out why i would want to. So, I'd like to put this question out there: what are your favorite features of prs+?

thanks!
luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #1581
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
what are your favorite features of prs+?
I can organize my books my way. I want my books in multiple layer folders. First, by last name under the corosponding letter of the alphabet. Then, since many of my authors have multiple series, I want them under series, under the author, under the letter. Complicated enough?
For example:
L (letter)
Lowell, Elizabeth (author)
St. Kilda (series)
Wrong Hostage (book)
Donovan (series)
Pearl Cove (book)
Amber Beach (book)

I just find it easier to find my authors alphabetically, but that's me, and that is why I love this firmware.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #1582
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
As Silverraven but also for PRS600 you can now read directly from unscanned memory card without having to transfer to internal memory...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #1583
noxx
Enthusiast
noxx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
@kartu....

ive a question about prs+

is it possible that the reader dont "scan" files on a sd card? i mean:
sony-reader-software read only files "in the reader" and prs+ read only files
on a sd-card (with folder structure)... i hope you understand what i mean.

background: i will put my epubs (romane, crime fiction, thriller,..) on the reader (perhaps 10-20) and my pdfs files (reference books, magazines,...) on my sd-card (perhaps 1000-3000 pdf files). and its very confused with the original sony structure to handle so
many pdfs and ebooks...

i know prs+ isnt available at this time, but i hope for the first version in the near future.

regard

-> sorry for my terrible english.....
noxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #1584
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

noxx, it's not only possible, but actually implemented.
Alpha version for 650 should be out within couple of days.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #1585
noxx
Enthusiast
noxx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
very very nice.... thx

regard
noxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #1586
kartu
PRS+ author

2.0.6alpha for 950 is (kinda) out.
Install instructions are the same as for 600. Base flasher is still missing, but those who lost patience, could install amutin/boroda(porkupan) firmware, and use corresponding PRS+ launcher. You can download it here.

Files are marked "deprecated" because of the missing "base flasher'.

Versions for 350/650 as well as "base flashers" should be out this week.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #1587
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Kartu, is it posible to implement an alfhabet in the scripts for prs 505 to use a similar function created for the new models (scrollbaralphabet)?

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #1588
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Kartu, is it posible to implement an alfhabet in the scripts for prs 505 to use a similar function created for the new models (scrollbaralphabet)?
It is there, sort of. You can define your own sorting criteria for 505.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #1589
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
It is there, sort of. You can define your own sorting criteria for 505.
I was refering a keyboard with differente alphabets.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #1590
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
I was refering a keyboard with differente alphabets.
No, that's not possible. In that case PRS+ is using Sony code, that older models simply do not have.