Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
strange bugs

I've got a strange bug with my 8 GB CF-Card. I first time accessed my card with the usb cable and I have writing errors.

The Iliad doesn't seem to recognize files with several dots in the name (like bla.lalal.lo.epub) and the whole directory isn't shown in the 'explorer'.

The newest fbreader can't be installed on usb stick. If I try it the run.sh script deletes the main installation files but the fbreader icon isn't available in Programs
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Try formatting it to FAT32, it might make the card work.

If that wont work, your best bet would be to trade it for a card listed in the wiki. (Those writing errors usually hint towards an incompatible card)
A4- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4- View Post
Try formatting it to FAT32, it might make the card work.

If that wont work, your best bet would be to trade it for a card listed in the wiki. (Those writing errors usually hint towards an incompatible card)
It worked with Fat32 before but I used a card reader. The card reader is defective so I moved to using the Iliad with an usb cable.

It seems that the iliad as a bug in its kernel.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

I've read somewhere that writing files directly to a cf-card over the network is bugged. That could be the same problem.

It might work if you put em temporarily on a sd-card, internal memory or usb-stick and then move them from there to the cf-card. A bit of a roundabout way but it might solve your problem until you have a new cardreader.

I've moved files around a few times with mrxvt and that doesn't seem to cause problems.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
joblack
Wizard

Quote:

I've moved files around a few times with mrxvt and that doesn't seem to cause problems.
Is your CF card over 4 GB?
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
A4-
Connoisseur

It's a 2GB Sandisk Extreme III, and it wont be full anytime soon either
Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
It's a 2GB Sandisk Extreme III, and it wont be full anytime soon either
There might be some problems with devices over 4 GByte (there is an overflow if you use a 32 bit integer -> 2 ^ 32 = 4GBiByte). The kernel should be fixed but perhaps the 'Iliad file explorer' has some problems or the coders of the software didn't use a long integer.

It's bad that the source code isn't available.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
A4-
Connoisseur

Maybe if you partition the cf-card to 2 partitions of a little bit less then 4GB?
You would need to change /etc/fstab to include the second partition if you wish to access that one, but the first partition will be available by default as cf-card. (You could mount the second as sd-card or usb-stick for easy access in the contentlister )
And if you know how to change and compile the source-code you can really make it work neatly, tho that's not required.