Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
PRS-505 $147.50 (or 10% less) at Staples - Clearance

I know this isn't as good as the Target clearance deal of last month, but Staples had their Sony Readers on clearance. They were originally $199 and now are down to $147.50 - If you use this printable 10% off coupon (http://akimages.crossmediaservices.c...Print_Page.pdf), it knocks even more off the price.

I also managed to score a leather cover for 8.50 and a lighted cover on sale for $1.50 - not sure how that worked, but I'm not complaining.

Note that not all Staples carry the reader to begin with. So, be sure to call before you waste your time going over there. Unfortunately, since they are clearance, you can't get find them on the website.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Called a Staples, they said they had one. I went and it turned out the only one they had was the display with the broken screen. They could, however, order me one for $199. Why the price difference between in-store and the online order (yes, he said I could order it online)? They have them in the warehouse and are trying to get rid of them, but the $147 is only for the store, the warehouse price is more. I told him they don't want to get rid of them too badly.

I was actually getting it for a friend's daughter. We ended up at the Target just behind the Staples and got the 300 for $199, instead. Since it is a 2 hour drive to the store, we decided instant gratification was better than drivinig BACK to pick up the 505.

added: I wasn't buying it for the daughter, just helping her pick out one for her. I will get one if it is a good enough price, but I'm really holding out for something bigger that will handle my school textbooks.

Last edited by mrscoach; 11-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quincy, Ill store is out of stock.

Also, when I checked online, they did not have the 505, just the 300 and 600.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
checked the two stores locally.... nada....
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote